Book Two: Chapter Eleven

Ochaco stood in the lobby of the airport and fished her phone out of her pocket. Her brown eyes gazed at Izuku and Guisu who were occupied at the front desk. She pulled out the small pink flip phone from UA and popped it open. She could not help it old habits were hard to break, and even today she was still quite frugal. Ochaco's second quirk was most definitely coupon sniping, and she was quite proud of the skill. The woman pressed down of her phone's buttons and worked her way down to the number she was searching for. She pressed the green button and held the cell phone to her ear. She listened and waited for her call to be picked up as she impatiently tapped her foot against the tile floor."Hello ?"

Ochaco's face lit up at her mother's voice and she began to smile brightly."Hey Momma !"

"Ochaco sweetie, it's great to hear you voice; I've been watin' for a call from you."

"Sorry about not callin' sooner, but we weren't exactly in a place where I could get to ya."

"That's fine."

Ochaco paced in circles as she talked with her mother."How has Akito been doin' ? Please don't tell me he's been actin' like a wild gremlin."

"No he's been amazin', nothing for you to worry about."

Ochaco smiled as she thought about her son."He's a good boy, but sometimes he can be a bit of handful, even for me and Izuku."

"Oh ! Speaking of bein' a handful I should probably tell you about him gettin' into a bit of trouble at school the other day."

Ochaco's smile slightly faded in worry for her only child. Akito had never been one to get into much trouble, but the situation for him was not the easiest for a young boy. Deku had gone out of town a few occasion, but she had always stayed home with the boy."It wasn't anythin' major was it ?"

"No, no, no, just he bein' a kid, but I'll call him down here so he can tell you." A second later Mrs. Uraraka yelled,"Akito come down here !"

Ochaco laughed a little at her mother's yell and waited for her son to pick up the phone."Hello ?"

"Hey honey !"

"Momma ! Where are ya'll ? Is  Daddy with you ?"

"We just landed in New York City, so Daddy is a little preoccupied at the moment." Ochaco answered the boy and followed it up with a question. Her voice was not stern, instead it was thick with concern for the young Midoryia."Is everything okay back home ?"

The boy squeaked,"Uhh yeah !"

"Are you sure; Granny told me about you gettin' into a little bit of trouble ?"

"Oh, she told you about that ?"

Ochaco laughed at her son."Did you not think she would ? You do realize she was a mother too right ?"

"I-I know, but I asked her not to tell you."

The woman was quite amused by her son."And you thought that would work ?"

"N-No, but it was worth a try."

Ochaco shook her head in disbelief at how naive her son could be sometimes."What did you do to get into trouble ?"

Akito took a gulp before answering his mother. The woman was across the world, yet he was still terrified of receiving one of his mother's loving ass chewings."I-I got into a...." His voice trailed off towards the end, but Ochaco did not need to hear the rest.

"You got into a fight."

The little boy let out a sniffle that was even audible through the phone."Yeah."

"How'd the other guy look ?"

"Wh-Wha-Huh !"

"How'd the other guy look,"laughed the woman.

"I think his nose was bleedin'."

"Good."

"What !"

"I raised a good boy, so if you got into a fight it must've been for a good reason."

"He did say some bad things about Daddy."

"Izuku ?"

"Yeah, he said Daddy was a bad person. He told me his parents called him..e-evil and he went around tellin' everyone Daddy almost destroyed the town."

Ochaco's face turned a ghastly white. Her and Deku never wanted him to learn about his past, until much later. The two of them could barley handle it all those years ago, and the last thing they wanted to do was burden their son with something so heavy."Don't mind them sweetie, they're just talkin' to talk. We know Daddy's awesome and that's what matters."

"Glad to know you think that," grinned Izuku as he leaned over the woman's shoulder and whisper into his wife's ear.

"Deku !", shrieked Ochaco surprised."When did you get...there ?

" A few seconds ago." He then ran his fingers through his curly hair."Who are you talking with ?

"Our son."

"Can I talk to Daddy ?"

Ochaco took the phone from her ear and handed it to her husband."You're son wants to talk, and he's got a lot to tell ya."

Before Izuku took the call he smiled,"Great !"

.....

Ochaco stood under the shower head as hot water streamed down from it. The steaming droplets hit her skin and began to trailed down her bare body. She closed her eyes and placed her hand on an arm that draped over her shoulder. She turned her head and looked at the face of the man behind her and the haze he was in. His eyebrows were brought together and his nose crinkled as he thought."You haven't done that in years ?"

Izuku blinked before gazing down at his wife as he chest leaned against her bare back."Huh ?" The woman looked at him and let out a small snicker."Did you say something ?"

Ochaco smiled at the man and nodded her head."Yeah, I said you haven't zoned of like that in a long time."

"Sorry, just thinking is all."

"You don't have to apologize for thinkin' ya know."

"R-Right." Deku let out a huff and rested his head on the shoulder of his wife."I just can't get my mind off of Gusui."

"What's botherin' ya bout him ?"

"Well...i-it's just he rented the two rooms with us then left. It is a little strange to me that he couldn't tell us where he was going is all."

"You're suspicious."

"A little," reluctantly admitted Izuku.

Ochaco turned around and looked up at Izuku. She followed the man's eyes and her face flushed before she flicked the man on the forehead. She pointed to her face as she said,"Eyes up here Deku."

Izuku gave the women a guilty smile and gazed up at her face."S-Sorry, y-you're just really beautiful."

Ochaco rolled her eyes at him."After all these years and that's your line ?"

Deku shrugged his shoulders."I'm not good with these things, you know that."

Ochaco gave the man a bright smile and tapped him on the nose."And that's one of the many reasons I love you." She then took her husbands hands and ran her fingers over his knuckles."I get why you're worried Deku, and I don't blame you at all. After what happened you shouldn't be trust worthy of anyone if I'm bein' honest, especially someone that happens to know a lot about the guy you hate the most in the world. But if he wanted you dead then he would've done it while you weren't powered up, right ? I'm kinda skeptical of him too, but I don't worry cause I got you. We're a team and you need to remember that, especially when things get tough. Til death do us part."

Izuku asked with a slight smile,"How do you always know what to say ?"

"A gal figures out the man she loves after almost a decade."