Chapter Eighteen

Izuku stood behind Ochaco and watched her parents as they approached. The adults moved quickly towards their handicapped daughter and with each step Deku tried to figure out why they were on campus. It wasn't necessarily out of the ordinary given that the school year was over, but Uraraka was a special case. It then clicked with Izuku that Nezu had likely called them, but that should have been long ago.

The brown-haired man rushing the girl dropped to a knee and placed a big, strong hand on his daughters leg. Midoryia examined the man's features from behind the wheelchair. The man's face was mostly covered by a thick dark brown beard, and his eye's were a pale green. Mr. Uraraka's face was tanned from day of work and his nose was sturdy. His hair was a much lighter brown than Ochaco's and may have been blond, but Izuku chalked that up to the sun light. The man had a gruff voice, but concern was still audible in his voice."I'm sorry we couldn't make it here sooner, but we were across the entire country workin' on a project."

Ochaco beamed a bright smile her father's direction."It's okay, I've had a lot of help with it."

Ochaco's mother had moved much slower than her husband and her small hands were clasped together. When Izuku first study the women he noticed how much she looked like Ochaco. Her hair framed her face much like Deku's friend, and her face had the same friendly look, and it was obvious that the girl gained her rosy cheeks from her mother. Midoryia then saw the tears streaming down the women's cheek and felt a pang of guilt at the reminder of his failure."H-How did it happen ?", croaked the devastated mother.

"There was an attack," explained Ochaco. The girl then tried to ease the sadness."But no-one died."

Ochaco's father furrowed is brow."I thought this was the most secure school in the country ?"

"It is, but this guy was something else."

Ochaco's mother looked at the girl."If he was so...d-dangerous than why didn't..."

"Oh, well that's cause Deku was there !" The girl then looked up at the boy behind her and pointed to Izuku's freckled face.

Both parent's eyes locked on Izuku and it was then the boy realized they hadn't noticed him. Mr. Uraraka stood up and extended a hand to the boy."So you're the one the principal was talkin' about."

Deku took the man's hand and gave a firm shake."Me ?"

"Yeah, he said everyone would have died if a student had not shown up out of the blue."

Izuku frowned as he reminisced about the disastrous night." I don't think you should give me so much credit. If I had been stronger no-one would have been hurt."

Ochaco smacked her friend's chest."Stop being stupid Deku."

Mrs. Uraraka's face lit up at the name Deku."Oh, so you're Deku."

Midoryia's focused on the woman and tried to explain his name situation."Well, my actual name is Izuku Midoryia, but Uraraka calls me Deku."

"I see, so my daughter gave you a nickname."Ochaco began to wave her hands around to try and signal her mother to stop."Are you also the one the principal said was helping Ochaco with her recovery."

"Uhhh, I'm not actually her physical therapist, but I try to be there for her like a good friend cause she would do the same." 

A smile grew across Mrs. Uraraka's face at his words. The woman's husband then revealed to the two teens why they had came." The truth is honey bun, we came here to take you home."

"Take me home !?"

"Take her home !?"

The man looked down at his daughter."We think it would be in your best interest to spend the summer away from U.A."

Before Ochaco could say a word Izuku interjected,"It is normal for students to leave during the summer, but Ochaco is a unique case. She is receiving her care here !"

The man looked up at Midoryia."I know that boy, but I think she could use a break from bein' reminded of the place where she was injured in the first place. And the school said they will pay for her recovery in our home town."

Ochaco complained,"But I'm happy here. They said that I may be walkin' by the start of next school year."

"I know, but they also told us you wouldn't fall behind schedule in a different program."

"B-But..."

Mrs. Uraraka placed a hand on her husband's shoulder."Sweetie if she doesn't want to leave than we shouldn't force her."

The man looked at his life then his pale green eyes focused on his daughter."Why should you stay here ?"

"C-C-Cause of Deku ! I don't want to leave him here alone, and he makes everything easier. He's been there for me and I don't want that to stop. I don't know if I can do it without his help."

Mr. Uraraka bit the inside of his cheek and crossed his large arms."This boy is necessary in your recovery ?"

Uraraka swiftly nodded her head and sent her  brown hair flying in multiple directions.

The bearded man threw his hand in the air as he compromised."Well then he can come too."

Summer Vacation !