Chapter Twenty

Izuku stirred from his sleep and let out a loud yawn. He slowly sat up and ran his hand over his face. The boy jumped to his feet and looked out the unconscious Ochaco. The girl's short hair was matted every which way and drool leaked out of her mouth  and onto her pillow. Midoryia chuckled to himself and pulled the covers that had fallen off the bed past her shoulders. The boy then reached into his suitcase and pulled out his clothes for the day. Deku then walked out of the pink room and wandered off in search of the bathroom.

The sleepy boy found a bathroom after a minute of searching and he slowly turned the brass knob, hoping not to wake anyone. The washroom was rather small, but still felt cozy like the house. The walls were a plain yet calming sunflower yellow, and along the top of the wall was a milky white trim. Deku stopped taking in the scenery and shuffled his bare feet over the cold, tile floor, and turned the knob of the bath. He watched as the water began to rain from the shower head. The patter against the white tub was calming and Izuku closed his eyes. The steam kissed him skin and caused his hairs to stand up. As Midoryia took an exhale through his nose a faint tick began to sound off in the back of his head. 

Deku did not think much of the sound and stripped down. He then stepped into the shower and shuttered as the hot water splattered against his tanned skin. Seconds passed and he slowly adjusted to the sensation and it quickly transformed into something serene. The droplets slowly traced down his muscled back and flattened his normally bushy hair. The boy then played with his hair under the water and closed his eyes. He felt at peace in the moment. There was no worry about Ochaco's health, or getting stronger. No thought's of Dakyoi or school. No stress, just him and the shower. Izuku decided in that moment he needed to stop worrying about everything and just enjoy his summer with Ochaco. 

The boy stepped out of the shower and wrapped a soft, white towel around himself. He scrubbed away the wetness and dressed himself. And as he walked out of the restroom and threw a glance the mirror's way he couldn't see anything,- the glass had fogged over.

.....

Izuku ran while pushing Ochaco's wheelchair down the side of the street."Hurry up Deku !"

Izuku questioned in between his breaths,"Hurry up ? You woke up late."

"T-That doesn't matter right now, we've got to get there on time; first impressions matter ya know."

Midoryia took a left and opened the door to the small building with his backside. He backed into the building and spun Ochaco around as they walked along the gray carpet. An older man sat behind the desk in the waiting room and waved at the two teens that had walked into the clinic. Deku wiped the sweat from his brow as he rolled his friend up to the desk along with him. 

The man behind the desk wore a simple yet presentable white polo and thick spectacles rested along the bridge of his nose. His hair was thinning and his wrinkled face showed signs of age. The man played with his thick goatee as he asked Izuku," How can I help you today ?" The man's voice was thick with an accent, something foreign maybe European.

Deku stumbled over his words,"Uhh, w-well we have an appointment at noon." 

The ageing man looked at the clock behind him and stared at the device and then looked at the watch on his wrist."It's 12:15 kiddo."

Midoryia slumped his shoulder in defeat."Sorry."

The man smiled and shook his head as he looked back at his compute screen."Who is the appointment for ?"

"It's under Uraraka."

The older man's silky blue eyes shot up and looked at Deku with recognition on his face."Uraraka ?"

Ochaco let out a cheery," Mr. Vucevic ?"

The man behind the counter smiled and began type on his keyboard."Good news you two, you're appointment was actually scheduled for twenty-five past noon."

"Thanks Mr. V !"

Mr. Vucevic walked out from behind his workplace and looked down. A frown formed on his worn face and he knelled down."How did this happen ?"

"Well, there was an incident at U.A., but I'm not goin' to stay down for long !"

The man chuckled and place a hand on the girl's leg."I'm glad you still have that fire in your belly- never change."

The man then stood up and Deku really realized how tall the snow-haired man really was. Mr. Vucevic was almost a foot taller than Izuku, but he never seemed threatening. The large man then gave the boy a friendly slap on the back."And who are you, I've never seen you around."

Izuku looked up at the man." The name's Midoryia sir, I'm a friend of Uraraka's."

"Hmm, I see. Well make sure you take care of the gal cause she's special alright." The man then extended a hand to Deku. Izuku took it and gave the man a firm shake.

"Of course."

.....

Back at U.A. Izuku had been very hand on with Ochaco's recovery, but he was going to take a backseat for her first few appointments at this new center. He wanted to see how they handled the therapy and if they really were able to help her. Midoryia watched closely as the woman tested Ochaco's ability to walk and the girl's motor skills. Uraraka was a strange case because her lower body still had  feeling and she even could somewhat move her legs, but standing was still difficult. From what Deku could gather the woman wanted to strengthen the girl's legs and focus on trying to figure out what was possible with the damage nerve. 

After watching the girl work for an hour Deku tried to find someway to occupy his mind. Watching the sweet girl's recovery was always difficult when he didn't get involved. Luckily for Midoryia there was a heavy bag hanging from the ceiling, and while Ochaco bettered herself Izuku could get in some light cardio.

The boy raised his hands and threw a simple right jab into the bad. It was nothing special, just a strong punch. He continued to hit the bag, but as he did so Ochaco began to struggle. The girl was groaning as she tried her best. With each struggling sound Izuku's blows became more powerful, and when Ochaco cried out in frustration," I-I can't do it !", Deku sent the bag flying out of the ceiling and through the thick wall across the room. The boy then looked down at his left hand and watched as it trembled.