Chapter Ten

Authors Note

If you didn't read the rewrite of chapter nine yesterday then I implore you to do so.

Izuku opened his large dresser and pulled out a stack of clothes.He tossed the garments in his large suitcase and turned back to the dresser.He grabbed everything he owned and stuffed all of it into the dark carrier.Midoryia reached for the photo of him and his mother when there was a light knock at his thick door.The gesture was accompanied by a concerned voice."Deku could I come in?"

Midoryia stopped at the sound of Ochaco's voice and looked down at the old photo he held in his hands.The memory was still ingrained in his mind from that day and a bad feeling began to swirl in the boy's stomach.Deku stayed quiet hoping he wouldn't have to look Uraraka in the face today.It was Saturday and he had tried his best to avoid the sweet girl all he could.Izuku's selfish hope was interrupted by another knock."Can you open the door,I haven't seen you all day?"

Deku placed the photo back on his oak dresser and quickly stuffed his suitcase under his bed.He then unlocked his door and opened the only barrier between him and Ochaco's big eyes.When the door opened the girl gave the freckled boy a shy smile."H-Hey."

"Hi,can I come in?"

Midoryia's voice was low almost like a whisper."Yeah."

Ochaco looked around the room and let out a whistle.The air in the room was heavy and filled with an awkward atmosphere.The short-haired girl turned her attention to the boy standing across from her and asked a sincere question."Are you okay?"

Deku took an audible gulp and felt his forehead heat up.The boy ran his fingers through his thick curls as he tried to lie."Yeah."

Izuku's guest frowned at the lie and looked at his carpet."Are you sure?B-Bakugo said some...things the other day and to be honest I don't know what they were about."She then looked up at Deku's emerald eyes."But I just want you to know we can talk about it.I-I don't really know much about yalls dynamic or what happened to you before coming here,but I want to be the best friend possible,so if you need to talk to me."

The boy's eyes seemed to loose their shimmer at her honest words.Midoryia then began to look away from his friend."T-There's nothing wrong."Deku hated the taste of the lie in his mouth.

Uraraka furrowed her brow."I don't think that's true.Ever since that day you've been distant-even for you.I just hope I'm the first person you'll talk to about when things bother you cause we're best friends and that's what they do for each other.I want to make sure you aren't doubting yourself cause that jerk said stuff that I know can't be the whole truth about you."Izuku stayed quiet and stared at the floor.He could not look his friend in the face it would have been too dificult.As he stared at the the blank floor he felt a pair of arms wrap around him.The boy's breath hitched at the unexpected contact,but he did not push the girl away.Ochaco's head was in Deku's chest when she muttered her last words to him at U.A."I hope you'll talk to me because you don't need to take on the world alone.You've got people around you that care and I'll definitely be in your corner no matter what."The girl then released her grip on the boy and walked out the door as a single tear snaked down Izuku's right cheek.When the door clicked as it shut Izuku pulled the suitcase from under his bed.Leaving was difficult for him,he had finally found a little bit of inner peace,but he was willing to loose it for the sake of his friends.That night in the pouring rain as the moon outlined Izuku he finally understood the emotion he felt when he heard Ochaco's voice that day-guilt.