Chapter Nine

Izuku tapped his foot against the hard concrete as he watched hero training from an monitor.The practice was a simple hostage extraction in a five story building and Ochaco had been paired with Lida.Midoryia's two friends were playing the role of villains and had been matched up against Tsuyu and Denki.Deku figured that Uraraka's team would pull throughout due to Kaminari's goofy nature,but the short Asui was no pushover.The frog like girl's quirk had many advantages and always intrigued Izuku Versatility like her's made the girl a surefire hero and someone that would be an hot commodity once she graduated.

Izuku's green eyes were locked on the monitor as it showed his classmates go to work,but he had been especially focused on Ochaco.He loved watching the girl fight and the girl's heart always made him smile.She did not let her hand to hand combat go undeveloped even though she likely would become a rescue hero.

The fight between the brunette and grassy-haired girl was the fight of two opposites.Asui used her agility to take quick strikes which lacked power,but definitely added up over time.However Izuku's best friend used her natural strength to land fairly powerful blows for someone without a strength enhancing quirk.After a few minuted Tsyu managed to come out victorious,but Izuku could only feel proud of Ochaco.He had only know her for a few months but in that short time she had made tremendous strides and their many days training together had payed off for the kind girl.Before Deku could even look to the other monitor Lida had landed a powerful kick to the froppy's head that knocked her out cold."Villain team wins!"The messy-haired boy watched as Tenya helped up Uraraka and picked up Tsyu to make sure she received medical care.

.....

Izuku stood outside of the large,bland concrete building.He stared at the large opening in the front of the building and popped his knuckles.His dark curls fell over his emerald eyes and his face was emotionless."You should stay out of the way."

The pink girl that was Deku's partner turned her head and gave her peer a dumbfounded look."Sorry?"

"Stay out the way.Kacchan is going to go after me and I don't want you being collateral damage because he's not thinking."

"B-But then I should help you."

Izuku shook his head."Don't worry about me,just deal with Toru and the hostage."

.....

Mina stood behind Izuku as he took cautious steps.His eyes were focused on the corners of the corridors and he knew an attack was inbound.The boy turned around and gave his partner simple instructions."When he attacks run."As if on cure the sandy-haired boy jumped out of a corner and landed an explosive punch on Deku.The blow sent the shorter boy flying through a concrete wall.

"I'm going to enjoy beating the shit out of you."

"You know they've got mics right?"

"It's not something they don't already know."

Ochaco let out a gasp and looked at her blond teacher."A-Are you not going to stop this?"

All Might stared at the screen."Young Bakugo is only playing the part."

Kacchan lunged at Izuku and once again landed a punch powered by his quirk on the boy's jaw."There's no where for you to run.No one to leave behind and no where to hide."

Izuku winced as he tried to regain his bearings."You just don't g-get it do you!"

Katsuki rolled his magma eyes and picked Deku up by his throat.The gifted hothead held Midoryia high over his head and stared down his childhood friend."Get what!That you left everyone!Me!My mom!My dad!Your mom!"The last word sparked something in Deku and his hand began to claw at Bakugo face.

"T-This is-isn't a fight you w-want Kac-Kacchan."

The blond smirked."Iv'e wanted it for years."He then slammed Izuku into the hard floor.Blood spewed form Izuku's mouth as the repeated blows began to take a toll on him.Bakugo knew but he didn't want it to end so he hit Izuku with a small blow to the chest to keep him awake."We aren't done yet."Katsuki dug his fingers into Deku's grey collar and used his strong hands to instill a death grip around the padded material.He then began to drag the boy along the crumbled concrete that had been created from his abuse of the messy-haired boy.

Uraraka's eyes were filled with concern."All Might,he's gonna kill him!"The tall hero watched closely as Izuku continued to fight.The hero was still skeptical of Izuku,even after the attempt on his life,but the symbol of peace could not deny the boy's heart.Midoryia threw punches at Katsuki's wrist until his rip was broken.When Bakugo let go of his former friend Deku rolled backwards and quickly ascended to his feet.The freckled boy then wiped a stream of blood traveling down his jaw line.

Izuku huffed as he talked to the sandy blond."You just don't get it.I didn't run because I was scared."

"That's a fuckin' lie!"

"It was to keep everyone safe."Deku's words infuriated the prodigy and Katsuki launched an explosion into the floor below them.The chaos resulted in the two students falling down a story and landing on the floor below with a loud thud.Deku made it to his feet with wobbly legs and searched for Bakugo.His emerald eyes could not find the aggressive boy,but then he saw Katsuki leaned up against a wall with cuts across his face."Kacchan we need to-"

"Can you just stop with the lies!"Izuku turned away from the emotional boy and looked at a dark corner in the room."What really happened!"

"I ran to protect everyone around me,not to hurt them."

Bakugo's vibrant red eyes looked up at Izuku."Then why the hell didn't you save them!"

Midoryia responded in a whisper,raw with emotion."I tried.I wasn't strong enough and I have to live with their blood on my hands for the rest of my life,there's no undoing it.But what I won't live with is you hating the world because of my mistake.You can hate me forever and I'll be just fine,but make sure it's only me and not yourself too."Izuku then turned around and left a speechless Katsuki to think as he leaned against the wall.