Book Two: Chapter Three

Everything for Izuku after his battle with Dakyoi felt like a blur. The man couldn't remember how the bout went or what it felt like to kill the man, but there were two things he'd never forget about that day, coming to terms with how he felt about Ochaco and loosing his dark power.

.....

The boy stood in the forest he always seemed to comeback to and flexed his hand. He tried focusing and calling upon just five percent of his curse, but nothing came. He felt normal, the rush was gone. The teenager closed his eyes and tried to return to the familiar flame that burnt inside him in the past, but it was gone. Not even a single amber seemed to remain. Deku couldn't figure it out, why would his power have disappeared ? Dakyoi never stripped it of him, so Izuku figured it was tied to him forever. The boy left that day skeptical, but not thinking he had lost his connection with the darkness.

.....

The boy sat on the rock and looked at his hand. He couldn't believe he was powerless. He killed the man he hated most, but at what cost. Sure he always hated his ability, but it did have its uses. He saved many lives with it and sometimes could conquer it if he focused enough. Deku then thought about what Dakyoi had said. Before the boy crushed the man's heart with his bare hands, Dakyoi gave him a warning,"I-If you kill me...than you will unleash an evil on this world that is unimaginable."

Those words had been stuck in the boy's mind since the end of their battle. He had so many question, but no-one to answer them. His mentor had never spoke of some other evil in the world, and always tried to spin his role in the world. Dakyoi told Deku countless times that everything they did was for the greater good, but that night the man let the truth slip. Midoryia had always known deep down the man was evil, but those words had a different meaning.

.....

Izuku had enjoyed his off day with his family. They had been given the opportunity to goof off and enjoy each others presence, which didn't come along often. Now the trio sat in the living room and enjoyed a silly movie. Deku had no real interest in the flick, but his wife and son seemed rather entranced by it. The man placed a kiss on his wife's forehead before standing up and quickly walking into the kitchen. The man stopped in his tracks as he felt a familiar presence. The man leaned over the sink and peered through the window, but saw nothing. The man then shook his head, but as he did so there was a knock at his door.

The man walked out of the kitchen and motioned for his family to stay seated. Izuku wrapped his hand around the door's bronze knob and slowly turned it. Midoryia slowly pulled open the door and as he did so a man stood in the way.

The man was much taller than Izuku and had light blond hair. The man's hair was long, but fixed and orderly. It seemed like each hair was placed in a specific place, and nothing could change that. The strange man's eyes were dark like the night sky, and the man's pale face seemed to be sculpted. His jaw line was strong and his nose was not too big.

"How may I help you ?"

"Izuku Midoryia, correct ?" The man's voice did not seem hostile.

"Yeah, that's me." Deku's voice was skeptical.

"How many years has it been now, since...you know...your battle with the angel of death."

Izuku's grip on the door frame tightened as the man turned to his family."Go upstairs."

Ochaco looked at her husband was about to question why, but she could see the look in his eyes. The woman grabbed her son by the hand and pulled him up the steps.

"Who are you ?", questioned the man when he turned back to the stranger. 

The blond man stared at Izuku with his lifeless eyes."Someone trying to save the world." The man then kicked Izuku in the chest and sent the man flying into the kitchen .