Chapter Nineteen

Are ya'll liking the lighter tone right now ?

Izuku leaned his head against the window and focused on the large buildings passing by. Dawn had not broken yet and all that resided behind the car was darkness. Midoryia had not said a word since he had gotten in the vehicle. Ochaco was in the back of the vehicle with the messy-haired boy and studied him as he zoned off. She stared at his emotionless reflection in the mirror and the girl nudged his arm. Izuku turned his head and looked at the girl, and Uraraka beamed him a bright smile. "I didn't bring you along just so you could brood."

Izuku wrinkled his brow and tried to formulate a solid defense."I-I do not brood."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"How do I brood ?", questioned Izuku with crossed arms and his lips in a straight line.

"I'll show you so we can brood together." The girl then stopped smiling and put on an angry face. Ochaco crinkled her brow, narrowed her eyebrows, crossed her arms, and went,"Grrr."

Midoryia turned his head away from the silly girl."I wouldn't have came if I knew you were gonna be a jerk." Deku then kiddingly mumbled,"Meanie."

"You're gonna have to speak up Deku; I can't hear you over my brooding."

"Guess what."

"What ?"

"I'm not pushing you around anymore."

"Oh really."

"Nope, you're going to have to find someone else to put up with you."

.....

The car stopped and Deku was out cold in Ochaco's lap. The pair had gotten bored on the way to her hometown and the girl had the bright idea to tie Izuku's thick, fluffy green hair up. Uraraka was still absent-mindedly running her hands through the boy's hair when the door swung open. In the drive way stood Ochaco's mother and there was a small smile on the women's face. A pink tinge spread across Ochaco's face and the girl let out a loud yelp. The sound woke Midoryia up and when he shot up his head hit the roof of the war."Ow," complained the boy as he rubbed his head."Where are we ?"

"Our home," explained Mrs. Uraraka before she walked away.

As Izuku scooted out of the car he swiveled to face his friend."I though you said you would be gentle with my hair ?"

"I would have if you weren't so busy runin' that mouth of yours earlier."

"Whatever," exhaled Izuku.

The green-haired boy opened the back hatch of the silver car and pulled out his dark suitcase. As he picked up the luggage he began to realize that he may have overpacked. Midoryia then seized Ochaco's wheelchair and unfolded the contraption. Deku walked over to the girl's side of the car and opened the door. The girl looked behind her to see Deku and flipped out of the car. Izuku said in a panic,"Uraraka !" But his worries subsided when the girl began to float in the air above him.

The brunette giggled,"I may not be walkin', but that doesn't mean I can't still use my quirk."

Izuku let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his head."Sorry, you just haven't used it in so long."

The girl floating slowly ascended above the car and began to swim past Izuku, and as she travel past him she deactivated her quirk and landed on his back. She caught herself by wrapping her arms around his neck and shouted,"Onward servant !", as she pointed an arm towards the door to her home.