Chapter Twenty-Five

So I'm in an Uno cult now...

Izuku stood in the grand room and adjusted his green tie. The boy frowned as he played with the accessory and fumbled with it even more when he received a strong slap on his back. The boy's hands slid from his bow tie and down to his sides. Deku then turned around to see a familiar man with thick glasses resting on his nose. Mr. Vucevic smiled as he looked down at the much shorter boy."I'm glad you met little Ochaco." Izuku shot the man a curious glance."You've done a lot for her, and this- well, it's probably the best thing yet."

Midoryia sheepishly rubbed the side of his bushy-haired head."I-It's not really that much; I mean without you and your wife this wouldn't be possible."

The elderly man ruffled Izuku's hair and laughed,"Modest as ever I see."

.....

Izuku sat down at one of the many tables set out across the grand ball room and sipped away at the punch in his hand. The boy's green eyes stared aimlessly at the table and his foot tapped nervously against the floor. The drink was sweet on his taste buds and did wonders at easing his worries. The boy finished the small cup and began to play with his tie once again to occupy his mind. Izuku stopped fiddling with the accessory when the large oak door to the ginormous room opened.

The boy looked up from the white table cloth and focused on the two girls that walked through the door. Mrs. Vucevic was elegant as ever in her long flowing magenta dress, but Ochaco was different than she usually looked. The brown-haired girl's short hair was tied into a firm bun with a white rose pinned to the side of her head. Deku's breath hitched as he then began to study the dress Mrs. Vucevic had prepared for the girl.

The dress was primarily a soft pink that was sweet much like the girl.  The garment's layers increased around the girl's chest and changed from the powdery pink into a beautiful white. The pearly white was outlined by a sturdy black. The bottom of the dress was simple yet  heart-poundingly gorgeous. The shirt was the same white that complimented the pink and black, but now it was frilly and fell a few inches past the girl's knees.

Izuku stared at the girl in awe and felt his heart flutter, but he quickly looked away not wanting to be caught with his hand in the cookie jar. The boy took a deep breath, and tried to take control of his emotions. Deku began to nervously bite the inside of his cheek, but stopped when a familiar man dragged him out the chair."It's rude to hide from your date."

"M-M-My d-da-date ?",stumbled Izuku.

Mr. Vucevic raised one of his grey eyebrows suspiciously,"What else would this be ?"

Izuku wanted to run away and bury himself in the ground. He was not brave enough to face Ochaco at the moment. The boy put his hands into his face and huffed into them before taking a deep breath. The boy then began to whisper to himself as he walled towards the girl."You've got this Deku; you're just friends. Nothing else, just friends. This will be a ton of fun. There's nothing to worry about." The boy was only a few feet from Uraraka when his brain when full panic mode. All he could quietly whisper was,"S-She's beautiful."

Mr. Vucevic prodded the much small boy with his elbow and smiled,"Tell her."

"Y-You heard that ?", shuttered Izuku.

The tall man looked down at Izuku and locked eyes with the boy."Let me tell you something kid. A man can't find his place in the world, without first understanding what lies in side of his heart."

"My heart," repeated Izuku.

"Yes."

The older man then left the boy behind and conversed with his wife. The married couple causally left the two teens to themselves in the ball room filled with the entire town's population. Izuku gulped as he looked at Ochaco, and how the chandelier above seemed to make her chocolate like eyes sparkle. The girl made the first move and stepped towards Deku with her hands placed behind her back."H-Hey Deku."

The freckled boy gave Uraraka a shy wave.

"They said-"

"Y-You look really pretty." The boy's face flushed pink as he complimented the girl. Ochaco looked at the boy in shock and felt blood rush to her face. Midoryia threw his hands in the air apologetically."I'm sorry, I-It's just he told me I needed to tell you you looked beautiful and I-I knew I wouldn't if I didn't just blurt it out."

All Ochaco could squeak out in response was,"Really !"

Midoryia twisted the tip of his shoe into the ground as he muttered,"Y-You always do, but I never say anything cause I figured you knew that."

.....

The two friends sat at a small table and talked like they always did. The nerves had vanished and they both felt at ease. But then the music being played changed to something much slower. Izuku did not think much of it, but Ochaco leaped from her chair and grabbed onto the boy's hand. Midoryia looked up at the girl and warned,"I don't know if this is the best idea ?"

"Come on Deku," pleaded the brunette.

"I don't know how to dance."

"So ?"

The boy finally gave into the girls pleas and stumbled with Ochaco into the middle of the floor. Midoryia held his hands in the air unsure of what to do, and Uraraka took a hold of hands. The girl slowly placed them on her hips and grinned,"There ya go, now we can dance." The girl then wrapped her arms loosely around the boy's neck. The pair then began to slowly sway back and forth as they studied at each other's face.

Ochaco couldn't hold in her giggle as Izuku stepped on her toes for the third time and muttered once again,"Sorry."

"It's okay Deku."

"I'm really bad at this," sighed Izuku.

"No you're not."

Midoryia shook his head in denial.

"I think you're pretty good at it."

"You're just saying that to be nice."

"Ya think so," questioned Ochaco as she tilted her head.

"You always do that."

"Well maybe I just think you're awesome."

Izuku chuckled,"I'm awesome ?"

"Yep, the best."

The two friends continued to sway back and forth slowly, and with each minute that passed they seemed to inch closer. The two bumped noses and Uraraka smiled at Izuku. The girl bit the bottom of her lip as she tried to admit something to Izuku."I-I uhhh have been wantin' to tell ya somethin'."

"What is it ?"

"Well...I don't know how to put it exactly- it's kinda confusin'."

"Confusing ?", laughed Deku.

"Yeah."

"Well maybe if you tell me than we can...figure it out together," smiled Izuku.

"I-I don't know Deku....it's silly if I'm bein' honest."

"I like silly."

"W-Well it's just...I really like you...like a lot." The girl continued to ramble on about her feelings, but it was pointless. Unbeknownst to the girl Izuku's attention was elsewhere as he sensed something dark and far too familiar. The boy turned to the girl with a worried look and shoved her back. 

Before Izuku could explain a vehicle was sent through the wall of the ball room, and a familiar man walked in through the gaping hole with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his long, dark trench coat."I see you made your decision Midoryia, and to be honest..." Dakyoi let out a long  sigh," I'm disappointed in you."

So this story has finally reached the home stretch.