Chapter Twenty-Seven

Darkness was all that surrounded the boy. The powerful fire that Deku would typically see in this state had died out, and all that remained were faint magenta embers. The boy stared at the darkness as a chilly breeze blew by. Goosebumps began to crawl up the boy's skin and Midoryia shivered, he hadn't felt like this in years. The frigid air was followed up by muffled voices and screams, they were barley audible and Izuku wasn't even sure about what was said.

Izuku stared at the dying flame and closed his eyes. The boy exhaled through his nose as he entered a deep state of thought, Deku knew what he had to do. 

.....

The tall man leaned against the brick wall with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his dark coat."The world's a cruel place isn't it kid ?"The young freckled boy looked up with damp eyes and tilted his head at the man."Humanity gets a little taste of power and tries to tear one another apart. They deserve to suffer don't they ?" The man's dull grey eyes then looked down at the boy.

The small boy then shook his head and began to weep even more."I-I hate them."

"I'm sure you do; I can't imagine what you go through day to day." The man then smiled,"But I can end your suffering, and turn you into something great, and worthy of the mountain top."

.....

"You can't just kill someone !", screamed Deku.

Dakyoi wiped his hands off with a blank expression and threw the crimson soaked towel onto the ground."Men like him take all the time, so what is wrong with us returning the favor ?"

"What, that doesn't make any damn sense !", countered Midoryia.

"You're still clinging to that Bastard All Might's ways Midoryia."

"Taking a life is e-evil, whether its to help someone or not."

Dakyoi looked at the boy with cold eyes."Do you truly believe that ? If a man was to hurt your mother or someone you held close to the heart, would you let them walk away ?"

"I-If I kill them, then I'm no better than them."

"You're lying."

"I would never take a life."

"I've kept you under my wing for the past three years, and I've seen you out in the field. You hate people who use their quirks to oppress others."

"But I wouldn't kill like a villain."

"You say this today, but in the heat of the moment when you act based off your instincts you will take a life, trust me. I know how that heart of yours beats for others."

.....

The boy's bright emerald eyes flickered open and he quickly closed them. Dust was flickered everywhere as if a bomb had gone off and the moon his behind the dark rain clouds above. The powdery concrete below the boy began to run like a river with a powerful current as the rainfall began. The boy's long, puffy hair began to grow flat as the water weighed it down, and the green curls stuck to his forehead. Th a ruthless voice."Do you remember the most important words I ever told you ?"

Deku did not respond to Dakyoi.

"I told you long ago that your emotions would take over and you'd act in anger. That will of yours to protect people is why you can't beat me. You grow attached to people and rely on that heart of yours, but in the end love will always betray a man. It's not genuine, it always ends up hurting in the end and now you know that. I hope the next time we meet you understand that, and then on that day and that day only, will you be able to stand a chance against me." The man then wandered off into the incoming fog.

Izuku opened his eyes and looked down at the rubble. The boy then began to scatter the crushed stone and found a single picture cracked, but still whole. The boy then let out a heart-wrenching scream.

The flame inside Izuku reignited at the memory.

.....

Izuku opened his eyes and the fire before him was roaring once again. The boy looked at the dark inferno and whispered under his breath,"I'm sorry Ochaco." Izuku then felt the rush through his veins as his eyes slowly began to loose their green pigment.

.....

Dakyoi stood over the girl as she leaned on the boy."I thought he would've let everything pouring out of him."

Uraraka looked up at the man with a red face and watery, chocolate eyes."W-What are you talkin' about ?"

"I mistook his feelings towards you. I guess he didn't love you after all." The man than picked up the girl and held her in the air."But you, you loved him didn't you ?", laughed Dakyoi. Ochaco took a swing at the man, but Dakyoi caught the attack with one of his hands, and began to slowly crush the girl's bone. Ochaco screamed out in agony.

Dakyoi tossed the girl in the air and she landed into the muddy grass."It seems your people have left you."

Ochaco was standing to her feet when she said,"That's because I told them to. They're good people that don't deserve to suffer."

"You sound like Midoryia," groaned the dull-eyed man as he stepped towards the girl, but he was halted by something. The man then smiled as he sensed the dark force.

"Lay another finger on her or anyone else here, and I'll kill you !" Dakyoi was then sent flying into the forest far behind him.

This chapter was really hard to write