The League of Villains

(A/N: From now on text written in italics like this is from Izuku's journal)

"I'm tired of waiting Sensei. When can we kill All Might?" Shigaraki asked in annoyance. "All in due time Tomura" Came the reply from a monitor only showing static. "We must wait for the right-" the voice continued, but suddenly stopped. "Someone is coming" He said in a low voice just before the door into the bar opened. From the door came a boy, no older than 14 and with green hair. The boy walked straight inn and took a seat by the bar counter. "A glass of water please" He said like he owned the place. Kurogiri didn't say anything and gave the kid his water. Meanwhile, Shigaraki was getting annoyed over the unknown boy. He just felt there was something not quite right.

"Which one of you is Shigaraki?" The boy suddenly asked after a few sips. "What do you want?" Shigaraki asked in a hostile manner. "It's regarding this so-called League of Villains. And from what I have gathered you're the one I should talk to" The kid answered. "We don't use minors to attack All Might. You're too young to be useful, so get out!" Shigaraki retorted. He was really starting to get annoyed with the kid's attitude. "I have no plans of joining the rest of the cannon fodder, nor do I plan to join your league. Instead, I will offer you my assistance in other ways. And in return I simply want a place to live, and a place and the subjects needed to conduct my experiments, which will help you further" The boy explained in the same assertive tone. "And we don't need whatever research you plan to do! So go now before I get truly fed up with you" Shigaraki threatened. The threat didn't faze the mysterious boy at all and he simply finished his drink as Shigaraki grew more annoyed. After a few tense seconds, the kid finished his glass and put it down. He then looked straight at Shigaraki with a small smirk. "But you aren't really the one in charge, are you? You're just the face of this organisation. And if I'm not wrong, I think your boss is listening right now. Isn't that right?" The boy said and turned towards the monitor. "All for one"

What followed was a long period of silence as every person in the room looked at the monitor in anticipation. "I must say that I am interested in this research you talk about. I would like if you could elaborate some more" Came the response from the screen, breaking the tension that had been built up. "Of course" The unknown boy replied. "I intend for two different things with my research. One you will benefit from greatly and one which is for my personal goals. Both of which will require research and experimentation into quirks and the idea of quirk transfer. For this I will of course need subjects with a great variation of quirks as well as the right equipment. But in the end, I will be able to transfer, or copy quirks, from one person to another. And for you I will be able to offer mindless, obedient soldiers that can in theory take on All Might" The kid explained. "We don't need your help" Shigaraki grumbled. "Not so fast Tomura. This could greatly aid our cause. Not only that, but I look forward to see the results of this research into quirks" All for one said. "What is your name?" He asked. "Call me Deku" Deku replied. "Okay, Deku, you will be given what you ask for. However, you will have one year to produce the results you have promised. If you fail to reach this goal. Well, then I will allow Tomura to do whatever he wants with you. Do we have an agreement?" All for one said. "I think we do" Deku replied. "Good. Kurogiri, I think there should be room available for our guest downstairs. If you could show Deku the way there" All for one requested. "Of course Master" Kurogiri replied. "This way Deku" He said and started showing Deku the way downstairs.

Once Kurogiri and Deku had left the room, Shigaraki let out his bottled-up anger. "Why should we let him work with us!" he complained and turned a glass into dust. "He didn't tell us what he means by personal goals. He didn't even tell us his real name! There's no way his name is Deku" Shigaraki continued. "Calm down Tomura" All for one ordered. "The greater the risk, the greater the reward. We are taking a risk with this Deku, but if he can deliver what he promises, then we will have a greater chance of killing All Might. If he fails, we simply get rid of him. And if goes against us then it is simple for me to deal with that as well. Not to mention that I am very interested in what he means by researching quirk transfer. There have been many who has tried transferring quirks using science, but all have failed. I want to see his approach. Keep an eye on him for me" All for one said. "Yes Sensei" Shigaraki replied before the monitor was turned off. Just then Kurogiri came back without Deku. "I gave him one of our labs and a combined bedroom and bathroom that was beside each other" Kurogiri explained and went back to cleaning glasses in the bar. "What is he doing now?" Shigaraki asked. "Organizing the equipment and writing in a book" Kurogiri answered. Shigaraki just huffed in response.

Phoenix journal: No. 1

Introduction:

This journal and the entries within it are for me and my eyes only. This is why I am writing this in encrypted code to ensure that no one except me will understand what is written here. If anyone were to ever find out what is written here, operation Phoenix will be in grave danger and that person must be killed immediately. If someone else are able to acquire this journal or following journals, retrieving said journal will become number one priority. If that is not achievable, destruction of journal is preferred over potential enemies decrypting it's content. None other than me can know the secrets of my research.

Entry 1:

I have gotten settled in with the League. Shigaraki hates me, Kurogiri is polite and All for one is still a mystery. The important thing however, is that I got my lab and a place to sleep. Subjects to experiment on should arrive within a few days. Quirkless people, people with quirks, all of them different. Luckily, I can begin applying my theory to the samples I have already brought with me. It wasn't difficult getting samples from Kacchan. His beating did have a positive effect after all. Several bits of hair left in my clothes for me to research on. I hope he will get the chance to see me use his own quirk against him, once I have copied it. I still think that is months away.

Entry 6:

Kurogiri is surprisingly nice. He offered me some tea when I was about to explode with stress. It really calmed my nerves. If only my experiments could work as well. First the subjects died because of the forced replication of the new DNA. Then they survive for a short while without a quirk before dying. Then they decide they can make the equivalent of a firecracker. A fucking firecracker. Then the die after two or three hours of course. And now they have the proper quirk, big explosions and all, but they still die after a day. I still have a few kinks to work out. Maybe adding a nutrition boost into the serum to help the evolution process will help?

Entry 7:

The subject has survived for a week! Experiment is now considered a success. Will inject myself with explosion quirk tomorrow.

Kurogiri was cleaning glasses like usual when the door from the floor under literally blew open. "Kurogiri! Give me your best drink!" Deku exclaimed with a little giggle and sat down by the counter. "Be quiet! I'm focusing" Shigaraki complained from a corner where he was playing a game. Kurogiri then made a glass of soda and gave it to Deku. "You're still a minor" The bartender said before Deku could protest. "So why so happy all of a sudden?" Kurogiri asked. "This" Izuku replied and released a series of explosions from his right palm. "I finally managed to copy a quirk and give it to myself. Now I can begin on project nomu" He explained. "Project nomu?" Kurogiri asked. "Nomu is the name I will give to the mindless soldiers I promised. They will have multiple quirks, only basic intelligence and complete obedience to their masters. I just need to find a way of combining at least four quirks and make the subject obedient, but I should be able to do so in time" Deku explained. "Can't you give multiple quirks the same way you transfer one?" Kurogiri wondered. "Unfortunately, no. I have tried a few times already and the results aren't pretty. If you want to keep your sanity, a beating heart and you don't want your lungs and stomach switching places and a liver that produces poison, then one quirk is the limit. Don't worry, I'll figure it out" Izuku said and went back to his lab.

Entry 8:

Injection of explosion quirk was successful, and I had a nice talk with Kurogiri. Also remember to add painkillers to next self injection. It hurt like hell. No wonder the others were screaming.