Change

Phoenix journal: No. 2

Entry 23:

A two days has passed since Todoroki joined me. He is still going through what happened in the room I provided, not that I blame him, it is a lot to process. I just hope he will get over it soon. I would like to move on with my plan as quickly as possible. In the meantime, I have to work on energizing one for all and unlocking the secrets of having multiple quirks. I'm so tantalizingly close, but it still won't work quite right. I blew up another machine in my umpteenth attempt at energizing one for all and the last subject I tested three quirks on went insane and blew up his own head. I know I can do it, just a little bit further and I'm there.

Meanwhile, Shigaraki has no clue, about my spies, Todoroki joining me, my secret facility, none of it. Dabi has been quite helpful in that regard, feeding misleading facts to Shigaraki and in the process moving his suspicions away from me. Not that Shigaraki would care much right now, since he actually thinks he can convince Kacchan to join him. It's somewhat amusing to see him try. Although, it won't last for that much longer, a few days at most. UA just lost two students in one attack, and despite UA still keeping the truth about Todoroki hidden, the media is hanging over them like vultures. The police force and heroes are probably jobbing around the clock to find both Kacchan and Todoroki. Within the next few days, the heroes will attack the league's hideout. By then I would have fully moved into my own facility of course. I just wonder what All for one will do.

Todoroki was standing hesitantly outside the door leading into the lab. He had decided that it was time to move forwards. He gently opened the door and saw a huge room filled with various machines and screens. "Deku" He called out as he entered. No one answered, so Todoroki began searching the lab. He felt like he walked through a maze made of machines, none of which had a clear purpose. Eventually, Todoroki reached a spot without no machines except one, a big glass tube connected to pipes, tubes and wires that went out to other machines around the lab. He couldn't see what was inside the tube because it was filled with a white liquid that almost looked like fog.

Curiosity got the better of Todoroki and he reached out his hand to touch the tube. "Get back!!" Deku yelled as he suddenly came and grabbed Todoroki's arm away from the tube. "Don't touch it" Deku hissed and let go. "Alright, but what is it?" Todoroki asked. Deku became silent for a while and looked at the tube with a longing look, making Todoroki even more curious. "It's something important. Something I want, something I need, something that was unjustly taken from me before" Izuku said with a saddened expression, before quickly turning around with a sterner expression. "And something I don't want anyone interfering with. Now, what are you doing here? Ready to move on?" Deku asked. "Yes" Todoroki replied. "Wonderful! Quickly, follow me. Progress has waited long enough" Deku exclaimed with glee and began quickly walking through the maze of machines with Todoroki following him.

After walking down a few hallways, Deku and Todoroki entered a room with a computer and a chair that could hold someone in place. "Sit down in that chair please" Deku requested and pressed a few buttons on the computer. Todoroki complied silently and sat down. "Do you know what your biggest hinderance is?" Deku asked and began binding Todoroki to the chair. "No" Todoroki replied. "You refuse to use half your quirk and thereby half your potential" Deku explained. Todoroki was about to reply but was stopped by Deku. "Of course, you think it is your fathers quirk and therefore refuse to use it out of principle. Although, I have seen your quirk up close and it is completely unique from either of your parents' quirks. But if you won't believe me and still thinks you have your father's quirk, then why don't we just change it?" He said, making Todoroki look at him with a confused look. "Change it?" He asked. "Yes! One of my greatest achievements" Deku exclaimed. "The ability to change a quirk. Increasing its power far beyond what could ever be achieved by natural means, as well as reducing the drawback to almost nothing. I could also change the colour of your fire, completely removing any trace of your father" Deku explained. "What do you say?" He asked. "Do it" Todoroki replied. "Great!" Deku exclaimed and grabbed a few syringes. "Although, this won't be comfortable" He added and inserted the needle into Todoroki's arm.