Questions

"You filthy liar" Shigaraki hissed as lay on the ground with several bullet wounds. "You said All Might was weak. You said that your nomu would kill him!" "Well, sorry if everything didn't go to plan" Deku replied as he managed to sit down in one of the bar stools. "I made sure that the nomu could have handled All Might based on what I have seen him do in the past. I didn't think that fake could muster even more strength than that" He complained and injected himself with one of his darts. He hissed at the pain he felt, but after a few seconds, his wounds started healing. "Can you do that to me?" Shigaraki asked. "No. This is the healing quirk the nomu had. I swapped it with explosion so that I don't need to recover. If you want me to do the same to you, it would take me the same amount of time it would take you to heal naturally. Since I would need to analyse your DNA, make a backup of your original quirk, and then make a version with the healing quirk. It could take me a few weeks. And that is time I would rather use on other things" Deku explained. "Now, if you will excuse me. I did actually get something out of this, and I would like to get back to my research" He said and headed for his lab.

Phoenix journal: No. 1

Entry 78:

I'll be honest with myself. The attack against All Might didn't go completely according to plan. Shigaraki is pissed at me right now. Luckily, All for one and Kurogiri seems to have talked him out of killing me, for now. Sure, I miscalculated All Might's strength, but a lot of things could have gone better if they had planned it better. It wasn't like I had the time to look over Shigaraki's childish plan. 2 days was all the notice I got. 2 FUCKING DAYS!! 2 days for me to analyse the plan, do research on all the students of class 1-A, their teachers and more. No wonder everything went wrong. Instead of looking into the students quirks they thought they could win by numbers alone. Kurogiri put a girl with a frog quirk in the flooding zone for crying out loud!

But that is in the past. For now, I'll have to deal with what I got. And what I got can help me greatly in the future. A sample from Eraserhead, whose quirk can be useful. Imagine if I could change it, so that I can erase multiple quirks at once in the future. Or even better, permanently erasing a quirk, without having to go through the entire changing DNA process. Then, I have a sample from Todoroki, the son of the number two hero. His quirk isn't the special part, it is the fact that he has two quirk. This could be the breakthrough I need when it comes to giving myself multiple quirks! And finally. A sample from All Might himself. What I could do with such power! I can't wait to see what makes him so strong.

Entry 81:

There is something wrong with All Might's quirk. It just doesn't fit right. It's like it has been forced in, much like how my own DNA looks with Kacchan's quirk, maybe not as rough but still forced in. What is weirder is what else is there. I have studied enough samples from quirkless people to know how their unused quirk factor is built up. And in All Might's quirk factor, there are segments which I have only found with quirkless people. It doesn't make sense! Either, his quirk is transferable or was given to him by someone who has quirk that can transfer quirks. Or there is a secret government project where they already have done the research I am doing now. I will have to look further into that. Maybe All for one knows something.

Todoroki's quirk on the other hand is disappointing. It isn't two quirks. It's just one quirk with two properties that are tied to different parts of the body. I might be able to do merge two quirks into a single quirk in such a way, given enough time, but I don't think I could do the same with more than two quirks. Although, I could merge use this to speed up the nomu process. By not having to balance the quirks together in just the right way to make the mindless, but not dead, and instead merge multiple quirks into one quirk. Maybe I'll make a nomu with Todoroki's quirk just to taunt him.