A Small Favour

Deku let out a groan as he woke up inside one for all once more. He got up and looked around, not seeing anyone. "I guess she isn't asleep yet" He mumbled and began walking back and forth. "What to do, what to do?" He asked himself as he began muttering. "The heroes have taken everything in the facility that wasn't destroyed and they'll probably begin asking me questions about it tomorrow. I made quite the fuss with Eraserhead, so I can assume they will start with that. Then there is all the samples, machines, dead prisoners, nomus and my journals. They'll probably ask about the others who escaped, where they are and what the plan is" Deku muttered.

"Can't you just give up?" Uraraka suddenly asked, making Deku jump back in surprise. "Give up on everything I've done? No way. This is just a minor setback" Deku replied as he regained his composure. "Minor setback? You lost your main facility and you're stuck in Tartarus. You can do a lot of things, but even that is above your limit" Uraraka retorted. "We'll see. Being captured and losing my main facility was never a part of my plan, but I was never blind to the possibility. If my followers can follow orders, they'll be busy for a few weeks, implementing one of my contingencies. After that, I'll be out of this prison once the opportunity presents itself" Deku explained.

"You do well know that the heroes are all over your followers at the moment?" Uraraka wondered. "Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already raided the first safe house I sent the others to" Deku replied. "Although..." He added as he became more remorseful. "I'm afraid of Eri at the moment" Izuku said. "She's strong for her age. I'm sure she'll handle it" Uraraka said. "It's not that. The night before I was captured, Eri had trouble sleeping. So I helped her go to sleep. She has had nightmares of becoming lonely again. Nightmares of me being taken away from her" Izuku explained with a saddened expression. "I promised her that I would never leave her. To always be there for her, and keep her safe" He continued. "I can't even keep that promise for 24 hours. What kind of father am I? Having to break the promise I made to my own daughter" Izuku said as small tears formed in his eyes.

"Izuku, you're far from a bad father. I know that Eri loves you more than anyone, she will understand and forgive you" Uraraka said. "Yeah, but sometimes I think it would have been easier if the world had been better and I wouldn't have to do all this" Izuku replied. "You don't have to. You can just walk away and live happily with Eri" Uraraka suggested. "No. I can't let the revolution down. It is everything I believe in, everything I've worked for. I know what I have to do, but sometimes that can be so hard" Izuku replied. "Only when I'm done can I relax. Retire, find somewhere remote and live in a cabin. Then I can give Eri everything she deserves, instead of the broken home she has" He explained. "But thank you Ochako. I hope that you too can find happiness" Izuku added with a sincere smile.

The two sat in silence for a while, admiring the view. "By the way, there is one thing I need to ask of you" Uraraka mentioned. "It is kinda difficult for me to do favours at the moment" Deku said. "Well, it isn't me who is asking for a favour. It's Bakugo. He wants to talk with you" Uraraka explained. "Oh. Kacchan" Deku said, his voice immediately turning sour. "What does he want?" He asked. "He only told me that he wanted to talk with you, he didn't tell me why. The teachers would never let him visit you. Unless you demand to talk with him for information" Uraraka explained.

"Why should I care?" Deku asked. "He is everything I hate. Him and All Might together, is every reason for why I want to destroy this society. A self-absorbed, self-righteous, narcissistic asshole who only wants fame, glory and money. Never caring about the ones they save, nor about those beneath them" He ranted on, with frustration rising up. "Bakugo has changed Izuku. When he began at UA he may have been the unlikable asshole you remember, but he is different. You've changed him" Uraraka said. "And if you don't want to do it for him, then do it for me" She pleaded. "Fine. I'll do it" Deku scoffed. "But if you're wrong then I'll-" He began, but was cut off by the dream ending. "Then I'll kill him" Deku mumbled as he sat up on his bed.