Thirteen

Alright, so I'm not sure whether I published this or not because I was like a hundred percent sure either did but my phone says otherwise. If you've already read past this chapter (a) I'm really sorry and (b) you don't really need to read it. It's just a chapter bridging the previous one to the next.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Main Society Headquarters
23 January 2025
22:04

Han flung the door open and ran inside to get to the rest, panting heavily when he finally saw them.

"What's wrong with you?" Changbin cocked an eyebrow. "Did you see a ghost or something?"

Han shook his head.

"Janey," he uttered weakly as he tried to inhale as much oxygen as he could. "She's dead. Apparently, Janey is dead."

They all say up.

"What? As in the Janey Chan and Minho always talk about?" Felix asked.

Han confirmed his statement with a nod.

"How do you know?" Seungmin asked.

"We met her sister, Paige," I.N spoke for Han, also out of breath but much better than the older boy.

"You met Paige?" Changbin asked. "She's here?"

He nodded.

"You know her?" Hyunjin asked.

"Yeah, we used to hang out together all the time. While Minho and Chan were always with Janey, I was always with Paige. We were the youngest out of everyone so we bonded over that."

"And you didn't mention her before?"

"I never found the need to. Besides, I thought she left the Society after her parents died like Chan and Minho... What about Luke? Please tell me he's alive."

"Who the eff is Luke?"

"Her brother."

"Why does it matter?"

"If they're both dead, it means she's the only Davies left."

"So that means she lost her whole family to the Society?"

"Exactly."

"Man, that sucks..." Felix muttered. "I could never imagine my life without my parents or siblings. That's why I'm in this whole business. To save them."

The way each Stray Kids member joined the mafia group is simple. It started off with the original three: Chan, Minho and Changbin. They were only in their early teenage years when they ran away from their foster parents and started the business.

Felix joined when he found out his father had made some deals with Chan and was unable to pay him back. Felix offered his life to save his father and the rest of his family.

Seungmin and Han were both victims of seeing something they shouldn't have. In their defences, it wasn't their fault. Stray Kids, which was only four members at the time Seungmin was recruited (Chan, Minho, Changbin and Felix), got into a fight with a gang on a not busy road as he making his way home. Felix caught him lurking in the distance and tried to kill him. The situation was pretty much the same with Han except Stray Kids were eight at that time and Minho was the one that caught him. That was only half a year ago. This is why Han was the weakest and least skilled member.

I.N was a master when it came to drugs. He knew everything there was to know about every single drug to exist. When this information was exposed to the mafia and gang world, everyone out to get him on their team. Most of the gangs were double his age so when he saw Stray Kids, he happily joined. He was the eighth member, joining a couple of months before Han.

Woojin was the sixth member. He was a solo fighter that wanted a group to be in so when he found out about Stray Kids, he immediately contacted them and asked to join. Woojin was a well known fighter so he didn't have to say much about himself. How he became a solo act? He swore to never reveal but Chan bets it has something to do with his horrid childhood and irresponsible parents.

Hyunjin was the seventh to join. He was an amazing hacker and somehow managed to hack into the headmaster's computer and send a message to all students and their parents saying that the school would go on an unexpected two week break due to personal reasons. That was only one of his many mischievous acts. Seungmin and Hyunjin were classmates and friends so when Minho admitted he needed help when it came to hacking, Seungmin immediately suggested him.

It took a total of six years before Stray Kids was finally complete and the past six months were a breeze with all the extra help. Although six months isn't long, it was enough to build a bond with all the boys. A bond so strong it basically defined what family was supposed to be.