Chapter Nine

"Have you met Auntie's boyfriend?" I ask Dad as I take a drink of my coffee. We're having breakfast.

"No," Dad says frowning.

I smirk. "I guess she'll tell you when she's ready."

"And she told you?" Dad asks.

"No, I found out from one of my buddies," I tell Dad. "Do you have plans for today?" It's Monday. Christmas Eve is on Thursday.

"We have plans today," Dad says.

"Huh?" I ask. I take another drink of my coffee.

"We're picking out a Christmas tree with Alex and Colton," Dad says.

I choke on my coffee. "What?" I ask. I start coughing.

Dad shrugs. "We're picking out a Christmas tree."

"Why?" I ask, frowning. I thought I wouldn't have to see Colton until Christmas.

"Because I said so," Dad tells me. "We're going to that one place we used to go to when you were a kid."

I frown. "The one that's two hours away?"

"Yep," Dad says. He looks at his watch. "Alex is coming soon. You should go get ready."

I sigh. "Fine." I take my mug with me as I walk to my room. It'll be fine. Maybe Colton will be less moody today.

I look through my closet. I have clothes in my suitcase, but I don't really feel like wearing them. I end up with a pair of worn boyfriend jeans and a cropped white t-shirt. I look in the mirror and debate doing makeup, but then say fuck it. It's just Colton.

My phone starts ringing and I grin. "Hey, Tasha."

"Hey, Boo," she says. "How's your fam?"

"Good." I grin. "You wanna hear some drama?"

"Hell yeah," Tasha says. "Hey! Don't touch that little man!"

"Ooh, is that Bobbe? Can I see him?" I ask.

"Let me FaceTime you," she says. Tasha hangs up and then calls me back. "Ooh! You look cute," she says.

"Thanks. You look...tired," I tell her.

She pinches the bridge of her nose. "Bobbe has a sleepover with one of his buddies."

"Aw, he's getting so big," I say.

There's a crash and then Tasha's phone starts moving. "Hey!" she yells. "Get outta there! Bobbe!"

She comes back. "Sorry," she says. "So, what's the drama?"

I grin "Well, my aunt's dating someone who's ten years younger than her, and they're super adorable. And my dad's dating the mom of my ex-boyfriend," I tell her.

Her face is hilarious. "Damn."

"But, on the flight home, guess who I sat by?" I ask her.

"Your ex?" she asks. "The sexy guy you showed me in the car?"

"Yep." I cover my face with my hand and start laughing. "It's really funny. I never expected this."

"I told you," Tasha says. There's a blur in front of the screen. "Oh, Bobbe wants to say hi. Don't drop my phone!"

I see Bobbe's adorable grin. "Hi Auntie."

"Hi, little man," I say. I'm grinning because Bobbe's smiling and he's missing his front tooth.

"You should look in your backpack," he says, smiling bashfully.

I smile. "What'd you put in my backpack?" I ask as I look in my backpack. I pull out a doll.