Chapter Fifty-Eight

I sigh as I shift against Colton. For some reason, we fell asleep in the room with the twin bed so we're pressed together and I'm not mad. I've been up for two minutes and I want to lay in Colton's arms for the rest of the day.

I don't know if he's awake or sleeping, but I can feel his chest rising and falling evenly against my back. His arms are draped around me and everything feels so peaceful right now. Sunlight is streaming in through the blinds and it seems like early in the morning

I feel so content with Colton holding me. It feels like there's not a single thing wrong in the world. It feels like there's nothing wrong with us and all that's left is this moment. It's like all that's left is Colton and me.

And it feels so good. The only thing that I want is Colton and I have him. And he's holding me. Colton is mine and I can kiss him whenever I want and I can hug him like I'm never going to let go.

But it's really the things he does to me that make my heart flutter. It's the way Colton stares down at me and touches my face gently. And the way he hugs me like he never wants to let go. But the thing I never want to stop is how Colton is always touching me. Like how he brushes his hand against my arm or keeps his arm draped around my shoulders or how he presses as close as he can when he's kissing me.

I just feel so utterly loved by Colton. There's no other way to describe it.

Colton shifts against me and I sigh as I relax into him. I put my hand over his and my eyes flutter shut. Colton seems like he's sleeping soundly and for some reason, a wave of comfort washes over me and I'm drifting asleep.

****************************

I jerk awake when I feel something on my hips. "What the fuck..." I mutter as my eyes fly open. The first thing I see is Colton's grinning face. He grabs my hips again and starts tickling me. I jerk away from him again. "Colton, you asshole—"

"Morning," he says while he's still grabbing my hips. I'm on my knees straining towards the end of the bed and I can't stop laughing.

"Seriously, stop it," I tell him. I look back and he's grinning as he grabs me and pulls me on top of him. "You're so immature."

"I know," Colton says as he grins. His hands are on my stomach now and I'm straddling him.

"Stop it," I tell him. I squirm and smile even though I didn't want to.

"Never," Colton says. I grab his hands and his green eyes are twinking. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"I'll punch you—"

Colton laughs. "Really? You always threaten to do that but you never do."

"Shut up," I mutter as I try to move his hands from my waist. "Colton."

He grins and I'm able to pin his arms above his head. "Good job," Colton tells me. His eyes twinkle again before he kisses me. My eyes widen before closing as I kiss him back. He laces his hand with mine even though I'm trying to pin him. I feel his tongue brush my lips and I pull away.

"Colton, are you seriously going to french kiss me right now? I haven't even brushed my teeth yet—"I start but he cuts me off by kissing me again. I smile against his lips and pull my hands away from his so I can cup his face. I feel his hands on my hips and I'm about to twitch away from him because I know he's going to tickle me, but he doesn't. He rubs his fingers against my skin instead and I shiver.

I hear my phone buzzing on the nightstand and I sigh as I pull away. I keep my forehead resting against his. "Are you sure you have to get that?" he asks.