Chapter Twenty-Four

I can't help but watch in horror as Colton kisses the girl he's with. It feels like all the blood drains from my face. He's kissing her and all I can do is watch. And it's not a peck, he's really kissing her.

I can't move. I can't take my eyes away from them. Fifteen different feelings are washing over me. And as much as I want to yell or do something, I can't. I can't be upset at Colton from kissing some girl.

I see a tear fall on the napkin. I blink and more come falling. I wipe my cheeks and stand up. I slip my jacket on quickly and look down at the table before walking out. I feel more tears falling as I walk away from the diner.

I know that I shouldn't be upset. Colton isn't mine. But I'm jealous and angry and upset at the same time. The last thing I wanted to do was walk away like a spineless bitch, but I didn't have a choice. Confronting Colton would have done nothing except end with me crying.

But I'm already crying. So, it was worth fucking nothing. I shake my head and stop walking. I leave tomorrow. I've got nothing to lose. Not a single fucking thing. I turn around and walk back towards the diner.

I push through the doors and walk right over to where Colton and the girl are. "We need to fucking talk," I say firmly.

Colton looks surprised. "Can I finish—"

"No, motherfucker!" I cross my arms over my chest. "Right fucking now."

Colton sighs and says something to the girl. She's glaring at me. I shake my head and walk to the hallway the bathrooms are in.

"Well?" Colton says.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I was just trying to have breakfast. Did I do something wrong?"

I tug on my hair. I'm so frustrated and angry. "Yes! Well, not really," I say. "You—"

"I did what?" Colton asks. "I kissed someone who wasn't you?"

I stare at him. "You motherfucker," I say. "You know, you said that I used you. But you used that girl to get a rise out of me."

Colton almost laughs. "You think I did that to make you mad?" he asks, shaking his head. "You're so fucking conceited. Everything isn't about you, Andy."

My cheeks redden, but I'm so angry. "Yeah, well—"

"Guess what?" Colton says. "You don't own me. I'm not yours. I can kiss whoever I want. And you have no right to be upset."

"That's not why I'm upset," I lie. My hands are shaking. "You're fucking running around with your dick out like yesterday never even happened. And I couldn't fucking sleep last night because I was so worried, but you're fine!"

Colton shakes his head. "That's a nice story," he says.

"I knew this would happen," I mutter. "I should have kept walking."

"I saw you with Bryce," Colton says. "I doubt you were too worried about me all night."

My hand flies out to smack him, but he catches my wrist. "Are you fucking blind?" I ask. "Do you not see the bags under my eyes? I was at the hospital all night trying to figure out what happened to you."

He doesn't let go of my wrist. "I already told you."

"Well, I don't believe you," I say.  His eyes are burning into mine. "But I guess it was a waste of time anyway because you're absolutely fucking fine. And back to your old ways."

Colton laughs. "You don't know me anymore."

"You're still the same little boy from high school," I tell him. "I fucking knew who you were the minute you sat next to me."