Chapter Sixteen

"You know something?" I yell to Colton over the loud music. "I thought this was gonna be like a dinner party!"

"What?" he yells. "Oh, yeah! No, it's like a college party!"

The party started like an hour ago. There's music blasting from a speaker, dim lighting and drunken adults dancing on each other. It honestly feels like a college party.

"Is it weird that I feel out of place?" I yell.

"I don't think so! I do too!" Colton yells. "I can't even find my mom!"

I scan the room. "Oh! I see her! She's dancing with some woman—Holy shit! That's my aunt!"

"What?" Colton yells.

"Can we go to your room?" I yell. He nods. We walk through the crowded hallway into Colton's room. Thankfully, there's no one in there. It's slightly less loud.

"What'd you say?" Colton yells.

I laugh. "You don't have to yell anymore," I tell him.

He nods. "Oh, yeah. Right."

I laugh. "I never expected this," I tell Colton.

He shrugs. "I kind of did."

"So, are we just gonna hide in your room?" I ask.

"Yeah. Unless you wanna get high," Colton offers.

I shrug. "Maybe later." I sigh and sit down on Colton's desk chair. "I'm so fucking bored."

"Me too," Colton says. He sits down on his bed.

"I feel like we've done everything," I tell him. "And talked about everything."

He grins in a shit-eating way. "You haven't said much about Bryce."

I shrug. "You haven't said much about your ex-girlfriend."

Colton grins. "I don't have too. I still have two questions from the flight."

"Well, those expired," I tell Colton as I roll my eyes.

He shrugs. "How about I get to ask you one question about Bryce and you get to ask me one question about my ex."

My eyes narrow. "I get two questions."

"Fine," Colton says. "You go first."

"What was her name?" I ask. Colton raises his eyebrows in confusion. "You won't say her name."

He sighs. "Rachel."

"Why did she think you had feelings for someone else?" I ask.

Colton sighs again. He leans back on his bed. "I already told you," he says. "She was convinced that I was still in love with someone else."

I frown. "But who? I thought she was your only girlfriend since—"

Colron cuts me off. "My turn," he says, sitting up. "You and Bryce are having problems. Are they because you don't love him anymore?"

I frown. "How the fuck would you know how I feel?"

"I saw what you were typing on the plane," he tells me.

I take a deep breath in. "Bryce and I are having problems because he's always gone. And in his stupid fucking ignorant bubble, he doesn't realize I'm not happy. And I'm not happy because he's always gone, I'm not at Harvard and he doesn't know how I feel," I explain, trying not to lose my cool.

"And you don't love him anymore," Colton adds.

"I don't know how I feel about Bryce. I probably love him, but I just need to fucking talk to him to figure it out."