Chapter Thirty-Seven

I keep trying to push all of my feelings down and ignore them because they're telling me that Bryce and I aren't going to work out. I can't get Colton out of my head.  And I can't forget that kissing Bryce wasn't the same.

"Thanks for helping me get ready," I tell Tasha. Bryce is taking me on a date tonight. I don't know how I even feel about it.

"Of course, boo," she says as she curls a piece of my hair. "What's bothering you?"

I bite my lip. "Bryce kissed me."

"And?"

I sigh. "Even though I was drunk, all I could think about was Colton and how I wanted him to kiss me. And how kissing Bryce didn't feel the same."

Tasha stops curling my hair to look at me. "Does it bother you that he kissed you when you were drunk?" she asks.

I frown. I hadn't even thought about it like that. "Oh, fuck," I tell Tasha. "I mean, a little bit, But we've been together for such a long time...I don't know."

"Okay," Tasha says. She goes back to curling my hair. I see her smile in the mirror. "So, how exactly did loverboy kiss you?"

I feel a smile creep over my face, even though I don't want it to. "He kissed me like...I was his everything. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me slowly. And it wasn't like he was trying to fuck me."

"How did Bryce kiss you?"

I sigh. "Like he was trying to fuck me."

Tasha raises her eyebrows. "Did you?"

"No!"

"Did you with Colton?" she asks.

"No," I say. "I mean, not really."

"Why do you think he left?" Tasha asks.

I sigh. "I have no idea. He kept saying that I didn't deserve him," I tell Tasha.

She looks at me. "Andy, it sounds like you guys love each other and he was trying to protect you," Tasha says, and I feel a twinge in my stomach. "What the fuck are you even doing with Bryce?"

What the fuck am I doing with Bryce? I wish I knew.

"If Colton's always going to leave, I want to really give Bryce a chance. If it works out, I'm engaged. If it doesn't, I'll be able to chase after Colton fully."

**************************
"I guess I'm not surprised it went to voicemail again. I don't even know why I'm still calling you when you won't pick up. Bryce kissed me and it didn't feel right. All I wanted was for you to kiss me the way you do. I miss you. Please come back."

I sigh as I end the voicemail. I walk out of the bathroom stall and wash my hands. The bathroom is dimly lit. Bryce took me to a fancy restaurant and it's kind of awkward. I just can't seem to get into him.

I walk out of the bathroom and over to where we're sitting.  I'm about to sit down when I see a small box. My face pales as I sit down slowly.

"That's why," I say quietly. I look at Bryce. "You're not serious, are you?"

He frowns. "Of course I'm serious."

I lean over the table to keep my voice hushed. "You brought me here so you could fucking propose again?" I ask Bryce.

"No, not to propose," Bryce says. "I already did that. I brought you here to see if your answer changed."

"Are you fucking slow?" I look around. "You're such a dick. I thought you wanted to go on a date, but I guess you have other plans."