Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Andy, it's been two weeks. You can't keep borrowing my clothes," Tasha tells me. "You have to go get your own shit."

I look at her. "Do I have to?"

"Yes. You have to go back at some point," she says. I sigh.

It's been two weeks of hanging out with Tasha and Bobbe and sleeping on their couch. My mind has cleared but I can't shake the feeling that something's missing. And it's been fun, but I think I do need to go and get some of my stuff. I just hope Bryce isn't there when I go.

I haven't heard anything from him. He hasn't texted and called and I don't know why I thought he would. But I don't miss him.

"Fine," I say.

Tasha grins. "Good." She bites her lip. "So, I'm going on a date tonight. Can you babysit Bobbe?"

I grin. "Of course."

"I ain't a baby," Bobbe tells me as he hops up onto the chair next to me.

"Then stop acting like one," Tasha teases. Bobbe shakes his head.

"What time is your date?" I ask.

"In like two hours," she tells me. "Which means that you should go back to your apartment now."

I groan as I stand up. "Fine."

"Good luck," Tasha calls after me as I grab my coat.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I just need to get my stuff quickly and then I'm out. I can come back later to grab the rest of it.

Before I know it, I'm unlocking the apartment door. I sigh in relief when it doesn't seem like Bryce is home. I go straight into the bedroom and I start shoving things into my backpack. I sigh once my backpack is full. There's still a ton of my stuff here.

I guess I'll have to come back again. Something about the apartment feels off. It feels so empty. I sit down on the bed and look around.

It doesn't feel like I should be here anymore. And I don't even really want to be. I feel like everywhere I go feels like I don't belong. And the last time I felt like I belonged was when I was staring up at the Christmas tree lights.

I stand up and sling my backpack over my shoulders. I'm about to walk out, but something catches my eye in the trash bin. I look around and then pick it up. It's a Christmas card. I swear if I was drinking something, I would have spit it out when I see what's on the card.

It smells like perfume and it says:

Bryce,

I hope you fuck me again for Christmas.

"Oh my god," I say as I read it again. "You bastard."

I'm so angry that I really want to confront Bryce, but what good is going to happen from it? We'll just get into another fight. But I also don't want him to think that I don't know. I take the card with me and set it on the middle of the table.

I know I should leave, but my eyes linger on where the Christmas tree used to be. "Fuck," I mutter.

"Oh shit."

I turn around and see Bryce. "Oh. Sorry. I was just grabbing some of my things," I say. And I realize there's a girl behind him. I almost laugh. "Wow. You really are on fire."

"What?"

I point to the card on the table. "I found the card in the trash," I tell him. "And you told me it was only a kiss."

"Fuck," Bryce mutters. "Look, it never meant anything."

I raise my eyebrows. "Right because you're obviously so trustworthy that I should believe you again," I say. Bryce opens his mouth but I cut him off, "You're such a fucking...I don't even know. A fucking liar. And you got mad at me? I never even slept with Colton! But you're out here fucking anything that moves."