Chapter Fifty

"You've been sleeping better," Colton murmurs. I'm laying with my head on his chest.

It's Monday morning. We're leaving tomorrow. The past two days have been...I don't know. They've been good. It feels so good to be with Colton. So fucking good. But I can't forget that he has four months. Every time he falls asleep, I'm terrified he won't wake up.

"Yeah," I say as I smile. "You were right when you said I'd notice if you left. We sleep so tangled together."

"You take all the blankets," Colton tells me.

I grin as I sit up. "We should get up before the parents worry."

"Yeah," Colton says. He smiles.

"What?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I just never thought life could be like this."

"What do you mean?" I sit down on the edge of the bed and put my hand on Colton's leg.

"It's like paradise," he says. "Being here. Being with you."

"It does feel really good," I say.

Colton smiles as he stands up. "I'm gonna shower."

I nod and he leaves. I sit down on the bed with my knees to my chest. I take a deep breath and release it.

My phone rings and I jump. I frown when I see who's calling. "What the fuck..."

I answer it. "Hey, Bryce. What do you want?"

"Hey," he says. He sounds casual.

I frown. "What do you want?" I ask again.

"Look, I'm sorry," he says. "I fucked up."

"Oh. I get it," I say as my frown deepens.

"Please, can you just hear me out?" he asks.

I sigh. "I really don't care. Go ahead."

"I was lonely," Bryce tells me. "I just wanted to feel—"

"Fuck you. You were the one that left. You were the one that kept leaving. Don't blame me," I say. "Tell me something I don't already know or I'm hanging up."

"I still love you," Bryce says. "I miss you. I don't even know where you are."

I sigh. "That's nice."

"I mean it. I still love you and I miss you. I want you to come back. Please come back," he says.

"Bryce, we're over. We're not getting back together. We were good for a while, but it wasn't working," I tell him. He sighs and doesn't say anything. I know I shouldn't but I tell him, "And it wasn't even about the women you fucked. It was us."

"No, it wasn't. It was about Colton," Bryce says, his voice is cold.

I laugh. "It was before Colton, Bryce. I was fucking miserable. And Colton was the one that made me feel alive again."

"Are you with him? You are, aren't you? I fucking knew it," Bryce says.

"Why the fuck did you call anyways? Are you drunk and bitter?" I ask. "That's what it sounds like. Tasha said you came by."

"Are you with Colton?" Bryce asks again.

"I just want you to be happy," I tell him. "And guess what? Maybe Colton does make me feel really fucking happy. That's the only thing that should matter to you."

Bryce hangs up and I'm staring at my phone. "Dick," I mutter.

I shake my head as I change into shorts and a tank top. I think we're going out to breakfast.