Ch10

"How the fuck is it already November?" Perrie cried, as she sat at her desk buried beneath her textbooks and binders.

I laughed, but nodded at her, completely understanding where she was coming from with her exclamation. Time had never flown so fast. One day it was September and we moved in, the next it was October and we had midterms, and now suddenly it's already the end of November and finals are only a couple weeks ahead of us. I didn't know what to do with myself.

I barely made it through midterms that had crept up on me and scared the shit out of me, and now finals are looming ahead, and I'm still not sure I'll ever be ready for those. November seemed like it was a pretty calm month, but I knew it was the calm before the storm. Finals were going to be the death of me.

I was currently packing up a weekend bag for me to bring home since it was probably the last weekend to go home before exams. It would be the first time in almost three months that I'd be going home, and I wasn't actually sure if I was excited to go back or not. University was such a different atmosphere than what it was like at home, and I loved it. Being here made me feel independent, and the initial worries I had about living two and a half hours away from home had vanished the first night here. That didn't mean I didn't miss home, though. I just didn't think about it all the time. I was too preoccupied by university to think about home.

"When does your bus leave tomorrow?" Perrie groaned with her head laying on her desk. She had a paper due tomorrow afternoon, so instead of leaving bright and early the next day for home like I was, she had to stay later.

I let out a groan of my own at the reminder of how early I had to wake up to be at the bus stop in time. "It leaves at 6:45. Let's hope I don't sleep through my alarm this time."

She smirked at me, "I'm sure that stupid alarm clock will wake me up, which will cause you to wake up because I'll be yelling at you to turn it off."

I shrugged. "Not my fault that I'm a heavy sleeper."

She rolled her eyes at me, "I just know that you're not going to wake up, and I'm going to wake up and be all grumpy."

She was absolutely right about that. If she hadn't of screamed 'Fuck off, Adelaide!' at the top of her lungs the next morning, successfully jolting me awake, I would have likely missed my ride home that morning.

I walked around like a zombie, gathering all of my things to take home. I don't quite remember how I made my way through the almost wintery air to the bus stop, but somehow I made it. It was about a ten minute walk to the bus stop from my residence. Maybe I just fell asleep and unconsciously made my way there. I've got no clue.

I really shouldn't have been surprised to see Louis standing at the same bus stop. It didn't really register in my mind that he'd likely be taking the same ride home. He had quickly become someone that I related to university. I had almost completely forgotten that he actually lived in the same small town outside of Doncaster, South Yorkshire that I was from. He wasn't the same stuck up smarty pants that I remembered from school back home. I hated him with a passion in school, but now – well – now I didn't know what to make of him.

He still frustrated me to no end, but somehow it was less of a nuisance. Instead of scowling at the back of his head every time I walked past him, I was usually the one walking beside him, laughing and talking animatedly with him. That wasn't always true, of course. We still had arguments, but they were always over things that were so miniscule and insignificant.

I was confusing myself with all of these thoughts.

About some douchebag no less. Don't argue with me, he was still a douche.