Ch25

I'd always thought the morning after I lost my virginity, I'd be back in my own bed replaying the night's events out in my head over and over again until I didn't cringe any more at the gory details. I was so wrong. Waking up in Louis' arms was something I'd actually grown accustomed to, so that wasn't so surprising, but the feeling of his bare chest against my back, his bare legs intertwined with my own, his bare everything, really, was the surprising part.

His arm that encircled my waist tightened, as he roused from his sleep, and he placed a soft kiss against the back of my hair, "Morning, Addie."

I let out an audible sigh of content, and curled my body further back into him, before responding, "Morning, dufus."

He chuckled into my blonde hair, nuzzling his face deep into the back of my neck, "Have a good night last night, did you?"

I turned over in my place to face him just so I could send him a scowl for his immature comment. It hardly lasted, though, because the crooked grin he was giving me in return was nearly impossible to stay mad at. I really hadn't expected to feel this blissed out after the events from the night prior, but I was beginning to realize it probably had to do something with the fact that it had been with Louis.

I hated the guy, but he was the first lad to get to know me the way no one else did, and somehow, along the way, I got to know him just as well. Maybe I didn't hate him, I just hated to like him.

"Lou," I started, not actually knowing what I wanted to say, "I know I don't often show it – more like never – but I don't mind you too much, yeah?"

It was my absolute shite way of expressing my feelings for him, but he understood. Just like the way we both understood what we were telling each other whenever we said 'one four three', we could understand the vagueness behind our words when expressing a feeling to each other. He was usually more up front with these kind of conversations. Mostly because he knew if he said it out loud, he could easily make me blush.

"Yeah, Addie," he responded with a grin, "I don't mind you too much, either. I think you've kind of grown on me. In fact," he spoke, bringing his body to lay over my own under the covers, "I think I kinda like you."

I could only snort at the ridiculous conversation we were having, turning my head away from his when he leaned down towards mine, "I like you, too, you can just be really annoying sometimes."

"I understand," he said thoughtfully, nodding his head in agreement as he leaned on one hand to look down at me with a sloppy grin back on his face, "you can be a right bitch when you want to be."

Rolling my eyes playfully at him, and pushing him by his shoulders to get him off of me, I giggled, "One four three."

Already knowing exactly what he was going to respond with I mouthed the exact words that he spoke next as he said them.

"One four three more, Addie."

A few moments passed by in silence. I closed my eyes, listened to the sound of his breaths beside me, and was probably on my way back into a light slumber when he finally spoke up again.

"You - uh - you weren't...you know...last night, right?" He rambled, finally breaking his eye contact along with his grin.

Puzzled by his words, and sudden drop in confidence, I scrunched my eyebrows together and playfully kicked his leg under the covers, "I'm sorry, was that English you were trying to speak?"

Looking back up at me, he tried again, "We only had a few beers last night, so you...you remember everything, right?"

I pursed my lips in amusement, realizing what he'd been so nervous about, "Yeah, Louis. I remember everything."