Ch21

"You can't ignore me foreeeever!" Louis singsonged in class the Monday after the skating incident. I'd refused to see him for the rest of the weekend, and he'd endured it. I almost found some sort of weird satisfaction in putting him through the silent treatment.

He had barged his way into my room when they'd gotten back from dinner in the city, and yelled at me for leaving like I had. He yelled at me for something that was his fault. I deserved time by myself for once. I was happy that Perrie and Niall had persuaded him to stay and go to dinner with them anyway after I left them all at the rink, but the space that he was giving me hadn't lasted long. He'd scarfed down his dinner in two minutes and rushed the rest of them to finish as well so he could pay and get out of there. Don't be fooled by his persistence to get back to me, he was still a douchebag.

So, when he pushed open the door to my room to come yell at me for being childish, I shook my head at him and shot him the finger, and yelled right back. I can't completely recall what we both spat at each other, but there were a lot of words starting with the letter 'F', and somewhere along the line I think I told him to get his head out of his ass and stop trying to win me. I can vaguely remember him turning beet red, narrowing his eyes at me, clenching his fists at his sides and then taking a step closer to me. I took a step back at the look in his eyes, and that's the moment Perrie and Harry (of all people!) pulled him out of the room and sent him away.

He didn't seem so mad at me anymore, but that didn't mean I wasn't still furious with him.

"I'm not ignoring you, I'm just choosing to not hang out with you." I replied, scribbling down the notes that the professor was writing on the board.

We'd been in this class for almost a full hour already and he only then decided to finally break the ice and speak up. It didn't bother me much, since I didn't have anything else to say to him anyway.

He sighed, "I know I was a complete arse on Saturday. It's because Harry was there and he was being all...gay and shit."

I finally turned my head towards him and raised my eyebrows, "Gay? Judging from the reaction he got from you he wasn't acting gay around me. Pretty straight, I'd say...with a butt like his it'd be a shame for girls if he was – "

"Okay!" he interrupted, causing me to smirk at his reaction, "Now you're just stoking the fire. I didn't mean that, I just mean he was acting like a prick."

"I didn't get that." I shook my head in disagreement, "Did he say something to you when I wasn't around, dufus?"

Louis sulked, letting his shoulders fall and focusing back on his paper in front of him, scrawling down a few words with his pen in his clenched fist, "No, Addie. It was just me being a stupid jealous jerk. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

I rolled my eyes, "No. It's not what I wanted to hear."

"He was all over you!" he whisper-yelled to not bring any attention to us in class, "What the hell do you expect from me?"

I scoffed, "I talked to him for like two minutes, Lou."

He guffawed, "I know! He managed to get his hands on you in less time than that!"

"Oh my God." I said in disbelief. It may have been two days prior, but Louis wasn't even close to getting over it. I gathered up my things even though there were just about ten minutes left in class, and headed for the door. I heard the rustling of Louis putting away his things as well, so when I exited the lecture hall, I waited outside the door. I couldn't fight with Louis in a lecture hall full of six hundred people.

When Louis was out of the lecture hall he immediately started talking as if we hadn't just had a two minute break in the conversation, "What do you mean, 'oh my god'? Some girls like being fawned over like this, you know."