Ch24

"I suck at golf," I whined softly with my head on Louis' shoulder as we watched his little sister, Felicite, take her shot.

Louis chuckled, causing his whole body to shake, and in turn mine did as well, "It's just mini golf, Addie. It's not even real golf."

"Still," I protested, stepping away from him to mindlessly hit my pink golf ball in the general direction of the hole, "why can't we spend the day doing something I'm actually good at? Like sleeping, or watching movies, or - "

"Snogging?" He whispered lowly into my ear as he stood behind me.

I scrunched my nose at his words, but failed to keep the blush on my cheeks and the butterflies in my stomach at bay. There were an exponential amount of things that I hated about Louis, but him whispering softly into my ear with his hands on my hips wasn't one of them. I pushed him away, noticing his little sister's fleeting gaze on us. His parents and other sisters were thankfully on the hole ahead of us, so they couldn't see Louis' closeness.

"That's definitely not what I was going to say," I said, shooting a playful glare at him over my shoulder, "but I can't say I don't agree. I am pretty good at that."

"Mhm," he hummed in agreement, pressing a kiss into my hair as he passed me, "not too bad, I'd say."

"Lou, stop kissing your girlfriend, and shoot already!" Felicite complained to the two of us, causing me to widen my eyes at her use of the word 'girlfriend'.

Louis gave me a sheepish smile, and I thought it was because he was just as surprised as I was by his sister's words, but I was sorely wrong. He quickly turned away from my questioning gaze, and took his shot, successfully sinking the golf ball.

"Fizzy, shut up," he mumbled under his breath, keeping his gaze away from my curious eyes. I could tell something was definitely off with him, but looking towards his little sister, I couldn't tell what was going on between the two of them.

"Louis, how about you let Fizzy finish this last hole with us, and you and your girlfriend go grab something to eat?"

The blush that had started to form from Felicite's words was now deepening because of Louis' mum's light hearted comment. I was starting to see why Louis was avoiding my eyes, and I narrowed mine in his direction at the realization, while he simply nodded at his mother, and grabbed me by the hand to drag me away from his family.

"What the hell was that all about, dufus?" I sneered, squeezing his hand that was interlocked in mine to try to get his attention back on me.

He shrugged, looking around at the menu for what was offered to eat there, unable to meet my questioning eyes, "Um...well, I guess they kind of think..."

I brought my free hand up to cup his jaw and turn his face to mine. His sea blue orbs finally connected with my own grey ones, and the look of panic that flitted across his face almost caused me to start to panic as well. I don't know why his mood could so easily affect my own, but I didn't like it.

"What do they think, Lou?" I questioned in haste, fearing the worst.

Louis' eyes softened almost immediately after I spoke, probably hearing the distress in my voice, and he tightened his grip on my hand in reassurance. Bringing his other arm up to my hip to pull my entire body closer to his, he leaned in to place a chaste kiss to my temple, giving me a half smile as he pulled away.

"They think we're boyfriend and girlfriend, Addie," he whispered with another shrug of his shoulders, "I'm sorry. I didn't want it to happen like this, but I wanted to invite you home, and I wanted my parents to meet you, and I wanted things to not be complicated, and – "