Ch5

I groaned and rolled over in my bed. I had been awakened by the loud knocking at the door to my dorm room. I wasn't pleased with whoever was standing on the other side of the door, and when I took a glance at my alarm clock I rolled my eyes. It was just barely past eight in the morning! On a Saturday!

"What?!" I yelled, sitting up in bed, but not making the move to go and open the door.

"Wakey! Wakey!"

I growled under my breath at the voice that came through the door. "What do you want?" I whined, rubbing my eyes to get the sleep out of them. He'd probably been knocking for at least ten minutes, so I knew there was no chance of me getting any more sleep because he wasn't going to give up.

"My mum wants you to come out to breakfast with us. If you join us, I just might give you back your knickers." I could practically hear the smirk on his lips, as he spoke from the other side of the door. He was a cocky little shit, and I was growing tired of it.

"Fuck you, Lou." I stated.

"Sorry, mum. She's a little short-tempered in the morning..."

I widened my eyes and gasped when I heard him speaking to his mother outside the door. He was an even bigger asshole for not telling me that she was out there with him. She knew who I was because she had been the guidance counsellor at our school back in our small town, and I had always tried to keep up my innocent and polite reputation there. I hardly ever swore, especially not in front of adults. I jumped up from the bed, and lunged for the door, ripping it open with apologetic eyes.

"Oh my gosh, Mrs. Tomlinson, I am so sor -" I stopped short when I noticed that Mrs. Tomlinson was not one of the two people watching me with smirks etched on their lips. I blushed deep red, choking on my words in embarrassment. He was getting good at this.

Louis looked me up and down with raised eyebrows, and I became aware that I was standing in front of him and his sister in only an over-sized t-shirt, and a pair of shorts that were short enough to be hidden beneath the t-shirt.

"Nice P.J.'s, Addie." He said once his eyes returned to mine.

I glared at him with pursed lips. It was too damn early for his shit. I didn't want to seem like a total bitch in front of his younger sister, but I couldn't help it. I slammed the door shut in his face, and turned back around to flop onto my bed.

"Aw, come on, Adelaide! It was just a joke!" he called through the door. I ignored it with a sigh. I had been positive that his family visiting meant that he would be preoccupied for the weekend and leave me alone, but - of course - he wouldn't let that happen.

"Leave me alone." I groaned, rolling over to bury my face in my pillow, trying to calm myself so that my rosy cheeks would go away. I was getting better at avoiding awkward situations, but blushing was something I knew that I would never conquer.

"Adelaide?" Lottie said softly through the door.

I sat back up in bed and crinkled my nose in confusion. "Uh...yeah?"

"Don't blame, Louis. I totally put him up to it," she sighed, "can you forgive me? I wasn't joking yesterday when I asked you to be my best friend."

I giggled lightly, "You're forgiven."

"Yes! Boom!" I laughed at her cheers.

"What the fuck? You'd never forgive me so easily, Adelaide." Louis complained.

I chuckled, "Lottie, you should teach your big brother some manners."

I could hear Lottie laugh at my request. "Don't you know my brother, Louis? He's too stubborn to listen to me."