// Isabelle \\

"You slept in Vans room last night," Meghan was elegant as she stood, the arch of her back curving to lean against the doorframe at the top of the stairs where she'd slunk out from nowhere and blocked my exit.

In a silky sort of Cinderella slip she'd taken me by surprise. Her white fur coat shrugged off her shoulders and pulled in across her waist. Her heels were diamonted and as she flicked her shoe up against the wall they caught the light refracting it in all directions. She could have taken my breath away in silence but when she'd spoken she'd left me stunned and speechless instead.

I swallowed, blinking up at her for a moment, uncertain.

It was just the two of us in the hallway, my brother was still talking with Van, and the top of the stairs felt narrow and foreboding. I felt like Id been caught lurking somewhere I shouldn't have been, and it was Megan, with her long legs, her dark eyes and her velvety smirk, which blocked the light from the chandelier and cast a shadow over me.
I chewed my cheek, a little taken back by the fact that she'd spoken to me at all because the older girls had always seemed distant to me. Part of the world my brother and his friends kept secret from me. They were beautiful, gorgeous creatures with mysterious doe eyes that I'd watched them watching men with over the rim of a glass of wine. Their lashes were thick and black, their lips set in an icy, detached pout, their skin seemed silky under the chandeliers of the Balcony and when they walked they were aloof, they whispered to eachother behind cupped hands knowing everything you didnt.

Everything about them was enticing, alluring. The way they looked the way they spoke the way they moved, it was all for one purpose and one purpose only.
To lure you in.

And I'd always wanted a little bit of that secret knowledge they possessed.

"You don't have to tell me honey, I know," she smirked taking my chin with her index finger, tilting my face to look up at her. "Hmm," her lips curved as she looked me up and down once again. Her sleek black hair slipped down from behind her ear as she turned away from me, her hand slipping from my chin and to my hand, and as she walked away, leading me with her, her hips swayed and my gangly legs followed because I felt just as the men who visited her every night did, lurred in.

She led me downstairs, past the study and across the bar to the back booth where the girls lingered every night.

Camille was sitting with her legs outstretched, reclining along one side of the booth, a cigarette dangling from her lips, smouldering as she watched us. Looked us up and down, unmoving.

Nakita sat the opposite side, a little less pristine and yet still perfect, bathed in the warm light of the early afternoon which streamed through the stained glass window above them.
The light contoured her cheek bones in shades of red and blue and to me, to everyone else in the balcony, she looked like an extension of the angelic image.

Camille cracked a smirk.

"Isabelle slept in Vans room last night," Megan said sitting down, patting her lap for me to sit in it when she saw me hovering, one foot behind the other, my jumper hanging loose from my arms as I clutched my hands behind my head. "Honey you've got beautiful hair," she hummed running her fingers through it, "you know I could make you look gorgeous Izzy," she smiled as I wiggled in her lap to get comfortable.

"Mmm yeah you have babygirl, You're very pretty," Nakita turned to me too running her finger along my bottom lip, "oh and look at youre big blue eyes, aren't you sweet," she bit back a smile her eyes glistening with that strange, enticing look. Like she was thinking of things I couldn't even begin to comprehend.

"Ever likely Vans got a soft spot for you," hummed Megan plaiting my hair as the two shared a look and Camille finally uncrossed her legs and sat up.

"Alright girls leave her alone," she rolled her eyes, "her brother catches you with that look in your eyes kita you'll never set foot in the balcony again," she cracked half a grin and then turned to me. For a moment I expected her to say something but in the end she left me in silence.