🍒Della🌿

"Rise and shine,"

The bedroom door opened in the early hours of the morning, it was still dark outside and the bedroom was dark too.

I let out a groan, eyes glued shut with sleep. Sam was here to wake me up and take me out in the garden for another lesson but I didn't want to move.

"Go away im having a good dream," i mumbled pulling my covers up over my head, burrowing into the bedding like a little mouse. I heard his low sleepy chuckle, and I heard the door creek open a little more.

Light from the hallway leaked through, too bright. It was sharp and it stung my eyes and when I felt a tug on the covers I let out another sulking moan.

"I said go away," i said but I couldn't hold back my slight smile when I felt him tug on the duvet again.

It was like we were playing a game.

If he really wanted to he could pull on the covers properly and rip them away from me. He could drag me out of bed and force me into the garden and I wouldn't stand a chance.
He was much stronger than me and id have been an easy girl to overpower.
But he was holding back, testing the water with playful moves which were only really meant to coax me.

And if I had wanted him to leave me alone I'd have remained still, pretending to be asleep. I'd never have engaged with him at all.
So I too was testing the waters, trying to wind him up a little. Seeing what he'd let me get away with today.

This was a game we played every morning without fail. Neither one of us ever really won.

"Cmon lass get up," he grinned tugging my duvet away again. This time he pulled a little harder and because I was clutching at the fabric, he dragged me down the bed with it, letting out a laugh as he sat himself down where my head had been, changed his approach. "Havent got much time till sunrise lazy bones," he smirked, his hand finding my bed head fingers combing through my hair as he brushed it from my eyes to look down at my sleepy expression.

"No," i shook my head, biting down a develish smile when he rolled his eyes.

I had realised pretty quickly that me and Sam had fallen into a familiar trap. A cat and mouse trap.
We were caught in a constant game, one of us always trying to outsmart the other. Both of us always watching the others move, trying to work out our weaknesses.

This was one of mine. His hands in my hair. It relaxed me instantly and I couldn't afford to be relaxed with him. My eyes fluttered shut for a brief second but that second was long enough.
I let my guard down and he struck, ripping the covers away from me.

But I knew his weaknesses too.

When he saw me he froze. Struggled to swallow a lump in his throat. Eyes wide and startled.

I wasn't naked. Not entirely. But Sam was used to finding me in his t-shirt and trackies underneath these sheets.

Not the black lacey underwear I'd worn specifically to catch him off guard. Leave him momentarily winded.

He was speechless and frozen to the spot which allowed me to take my pillow and hide my head away beneath it. And nestled back into the sheets I lay on my tummy, in wait of his next move.

His next move I knew was usually to pick me up, bundle me up into his arms and carry me downstairs himself, out into the garden where he'd threaten to splash me with water to wake me up.
Well once I was outside I would usually give up.

Today however he remained still, hesitating to touch me. Hesitating even to look at me because when he did all he saw was the elegant curve of my lower back down to the black lace underwear I wore, my legs which taunted him now, kicked up and swaying slowly before I let out a sigh and let them slam back down on the bed.