🌹Camille🥀

"Did you hear about the Reid?" Nakita was toying with her, a cigarette in one hand, her phone lit up and glowing in the other. 

"Which one?" I asked, glancing at Meghan, waiting to see if her features stirred, waiting to see who her eyes flickered to first. 

"Reuben, your one," said Nakita, a smirk curving sly across her features. I wished my eye sight was better. It would have been a rare kind of delight to see Meghans heart stop momentarily before she understood. "You know the lad who had you suckin on his..."

"You shouldn't talk about that," Meghan cut her off a little sharply, her eyes flashing but only for a moment. She had been filing her nails but she had stopped to shut Nakita up, I wondered what she thought Kita had been about to say. 

I didn't let my smirk show. I remained only half listening, perpetually bored with their trivial conversation, which wasn't really trivial at all. 

"Well he's dying anyway," Nakita shrugged, "ICU apparently,"

"Thats a shame," I hummed, smirking only when Meghan frowned. 

"What?" she was quick to ask, quick to try and seem shocked, confused. Almost a little disgusted with my apparent sympathy. 

But when I let my smirk curve and flicker she understood, bit her tongue again and recoiled. 

"Well he was one of the interesting ones you know," I said, "theatrical," I let my tongue curl around the words and felt them prickle on Meghan's skin, revelling this opportunity to twist the knife in deeper between her ribs where her heart should have been. 

But Meghans heart was unconscious in the ICU. We all knew that now. 

"Camille!" giggled Nakita abandoning her phone, eyes lit up, revelling in this moment too. This moment in which we got to see the turmoil in Meghans taut expression. She was trying so hard not to let it show. "You can't say that!" 

"What," I bit down on my smile, rolled my eyes only allowing myself half a laugh, "I'm just saying," I said, trailing off when I saw two shadows behind the door which led to the stairs which led upstairs. 

One tall shadow, lean and leaning against the glass. One much smaller, dainty and leaning against his. Van and Izzy, making their first appearance of the day at 9pm. 

"Heard Van was quite the showman that night," Nakita curled her tongue and her lips, like a lioness prowling, stalking her prey. Meghan didn't seem to have realised the part she was playing in Kitas scene. I sat back and watched the door, waiting for it to open. Waiting to see the real show. 

Van and his secrets, the ones he thought he kept so well. 

"I don't think its something to laugh about," Meghans voice was tight, tight like her jaw and her joints when she spoke, "needless violence," she carried on, voice a little lower, sharper, full of scorn as she stole a glance in Van's direction, "one of these days hes gonna get one of us killed with his childish theatrics..." but I wasn't sure what she thought was childish about the way our kinds of people killed eachother. 

"Why do you hang around here then Megs?" I raised my brow, "if you hate theatrics so much?" I asked thinking she might answer me, knowing that she wouldn't, "we're all actors here honey..." I set drawling in the sickly sweet, grit and honey way she often did when she was talking to me. 

I felt the tension bristle between us when our eyes locked. 

"But I don't really need to tell you that." I said, letting my words linger. Holding her gaze. 

We remained two statues, tigresses, eyes locked and glowing with an unspoken hostility, a muted challenge. Each of us daring one another from across the table. She was daring me to attack, I was daring her to prove me wrong.