🌹 Issabelle 🍒

"Shouldn't I go to school..." I started, looking at Van from across the room, watching him button his shirt at the foot of the bed where i sat wrapped up in his duvet, my hair bedhead and messy. My eyes dulcet and sleepy.

"No," he said, kind of glazed over and cold.

It was something I had noticed a couple of times since that night now. It had been two days since it had happened and certain things, little details had changed.

There were things he might have argued before that he simply shut down immediately. No more reasoning or explaining, just a cold shaken head. A simple no. So certain and final sounding that you made no attempt to argue with him at all.

This was one of those things.

"But..." I started, about to remind him how adamant he had been that I stay in school before. So that we didn't look scared, so that we looked completely unphased by the string of threats which had been made towards me.

"No," he said again, just as quickly, just as certain as before. "I said no.."

It wasnt really strange I suppose, how quickly he had changed his mind. Not when you considered the mania which had come over him that night, the fear and the way he'd lost control because of it. But this cold authority he was throwing around now, not just with me but with everyone, it was a little unnerving.

It left me biting my lip, uncertain as to whether I could test his patience or not.

"You can't keep me here forever," i said, sighing dramatically, letting myself fall back against the headboard, shaking the bed slightly with my movement. I let the covers fall from my shoulder, leaving me sitting in just his too big shirt, my legs almost crossed.

I didn't expect him to turn around and give me what I wanted, but I wanted him to.

I wanted him to turn slowly, expression changed and smirking, eyebrow raised, the way he looked at me sometimes which left me shivering, almost excited, almost cautious.

Made me feel like i was up to no good.

"Oh really?" he said, stopping what he was doing, abandoning the buttons on his shirt to turn to me. Eyebrow raised, looking at me in that way, like i was in trouble. A good kind of trouble. The kind of trouble which gave me little thrills. "I thought you liked my company Issabelle..." he said approaching me with a smirk, crawling from the end of the bed to me, until he had me up against the headboard trapped beneath him, his hands digging into the mattress either side of my waist.

"Don't you have work to do..."

"I told you already Izzy, I'm not leaving your side until you're better, me and you," he smirked, his eyes trailed me once again, "are staying right here."

I felt my breath fall shakey and light as I watched his eyes trail from mine down over my body, and when they trailed back up, when I saw him biting his lip oh so slightly, when his eyes met mine once more, with an intensity to the mischief in his threat, my breath caught in my throat.

I hoped he hadn't heard but he had and as he lowered his lips to mine, holding my gaze all the while, i became increasinly aware that he knew exactly the effect he had on me. That his every move was an attempt to leave me breathless, tortured.

So I licked my lips and tried to play him at his own game. Sitting myself up a little so that our lips were almost brushing, arching my back to extenuate my figure.

His legs rested either side of mine, his thigh pressing against mine and i could feel the heat of his body inching closer and closer to me.

So it was difficult to play this game because I always seemed to lose. The things he did to me without trying were enough to overpower all of my efforts.