❤️Isabelle🍒

I stood with my elbows on the bar, cheeks squished up by my palms, body squished between Dylan and the bar.

We'd not left eachother side all evening, he'd had me under his arm for hours and the closeness between us had been drawing the eyes of others to our little corner of the room.

His friends had been with us, the friends from school i knew but didn't really like, and when we had sat round one of the tables, and they'd all slowly drunk themselves into a ruckus i had sat in Dylans lap listening to their stories, the ones they were sharing about Dylan.

Well those friends had all gone home now and it was only really the family left. And it was the family who's eyes I could feel watching me. More specifically several sets of eyes which were following us around the room. Now as the crowd began to thin, as the party became a little more intimate, i could feel their eyes burning into the back of my skull.

Camille, she had been watching me all evening, smirking mostly, understanding i hoped. It was a proud smirk, watchful and rooting for me. Hoping for me from a distance. I didn't mind Camilles eyes on me, their only downside was the shyness they stirred, the desperation in me to do her proud and the self concious thought that maybe I would get it wrong. Embarrass myself in front of the girl cut from diamond.

Then there were Johnnys. They watched over me with a determination, a protective glow to them. They watched Dylan closely too. And I knew he was watching me to make sure I was never alone, never looking for him, asking to be rescued. The feeling of Johnnys eyes on me was warm, a comfort, it was reassuring. I didn't feel so lost amid the crowd when I could feel his eyes on me.

But the other. Van.

His eyes were cold and they felt cold too. They sent shiveres through me. Like someone stepping over your grave.

He chilled me. The look in his eyes glassy and dark, not threatening but tight jawed and ground teeth. His fist was clenched in his pocket. He was angry, there was a frustration there, and it was all for me. All because of me.

Like he hated me, like my presence in the room disgusted him. Like he couldn't wait to get rid of me.

So when Meghan slipped out of nowhere, a small smirk on her lips as her eyes flickered over me and Dylan, I believed every word she had saved up for me.

"Hate to break this adorable little thing you've got going here," she said, drawing her finger between me and Dylan who had stepped back from the bar, raised his whiskey to his lips and draped his arm around my shoulder once more.

I leant into his side, looked up at him and then back at meghan, a sweet and childish grin on my face as I leant my head against Dyls chest and yawned.

"Let me guess," smirked Dyl, looking down at me, rolling his eyes, "No rest for the wicked?" he turned to megs and megs allowed a smile to curve her lips.

"Not under the watchful gaze of Van mccann," she said, her hands on my shoulders as she split the two of us apart, her eyes locking with mine then, "and you honey," she said, sweet as honey when she spoke, "well I'm affraid you're stuck with me," she said, linking and locking her fingers with mine but not before I could turn to Jake, tiptoe up to reach his cheek and place a parting kiss there to send him on his way with a little warmth. Because if Van had anything to do with it, he was about to feel almost certainly, chilled to the bone.

"See you later squirt," he grinned waving me off with a lazy smile, one which was careless and didn't seem to fear the business at hand. The room he was about to walk in on. Not that I could even begin to comprehend the meeting those men were having now.