seven | scoops

I drive into the university parking lot the next day and climb out my car. Elijah, Jamie and the whole group are just hanging around by the entrance and when I walk past, Jamie calls me over.

I walk up to them and Jamie throws and arm over my shoulder. "Since you're part of our group, you're going to have to go through initiation, too." He grins. I glance at Elijah and he is watching me with an amused glint in his eye.

"What do I have to do?" I ask.

"Well today is simple. All you have to do is skip class. We're going to the ice cream store a few blocks down. You in?" Jamie explains.

I hesitate. "I don't know... Skipping class isn't really my forte."

"Well you wanted to be part of us, so you're going to have to do what it takes," he states.

I huff. "Fine."

He ruffles my hair with a smile on his face. "Good girl." I narrow my eyes at him but decide not to say anything.

We all walk together down the road to the ice cream store. The boys put a bunch of tables together to make one long one and then we all take a seat. I get placed next to Jamie and a girl I don't know.

Elijah sits opposite me and stretches his legs out. They're so long that his feet end up beside mine. 

It seems like there are groups within the groups because there are twelve of us at the table but probably four different conversations going on. Three girls are at the other end of the table and I can't hear what they're saying. There are two guys who seem to be hitting on the two girls sitting beside them. Then there is a guy rubbing his hand on his friends thigh, probably more than friends.

Elijah knocks his foot against mine and when I glance at him, he is smiling at me. Jamie notices. "Ooh, is there something going on here?"

"No," I state.

"Yeah, she's falling in love with me," Elijah teases.

I roll my eyes. "Please, if anything you're the one falling for me."

"You two are playing footsie so I'd say you're already both in love," Jamie teases. "I ship it." He nudges his shoulder against mine.

I chuckle. "Wasn't it just yesterday that you had me up against a locker while you told me to stay away from him because I'm a loser?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods. "I guess I just needed a good beating, right?"

"Hi, ya'll! Would you like to place your orders?" a quirky waitress asks, holding a notepad and pen in her hands.

One by one we go around the table placing our orders. I order two scoops of Nutella and Oreo. The waitress walks off after everyone has made their order and I sigh and out my head in my arms, on the table.

"Hey, Bree?" a girl shouts from the other end of the table.

I glance at her. She's beautiful, with long brown hair and dark skin. "Yeah?" I reply.

"Why don't you introduce yourself? Let's get to know you," she says.

I blush. "Uhh, I don't really know what to say," I state.

Jamie shrugs. "Just say what comes to mind."

"Alright." I stand up. "Hi, guys. My name is Bree Portman and I'm an alcoholic."

"Hi, Bree!" a few of them chime and then they all burst out laughing. I smile and sit down. Yes, laughing is good. Maybe they'll like me.

I glance at Elijah and he has this weird look in his eye. When I catch him staring, he quickly averts his gaze.

Everyone goes back to their own conversations and Elijah leans forward so he can be closer to me. "Bree, Jamie is having a party on Friday. You wanna come?"

I glance at Jamie. "Oh, shit, yeah. You have to come. I'll put your name on the list, alright?" he says excitedly.

I nod. "Sure."

"And don't worry, this one isn't going to be as huge as usual. I don't think they'll be anyone swinging from the chandelier this time."

"This time?" I raise my eyebrow.

Elijah chuckles. "I love how you say that as if it wasn't you that was swinging from the chandelier," he tells Jamie.

"Minor details. I won't drink as much this time."

"You say that every time."

"Yeah but this is different."

"How is it different?"

"I don't have an answer for that but I'll get back to you on it."

I lean back and watch the two bicker. It's actually sort of nice having friends. I know Holly is my friend, but she doesn't talk much and it's not the same.

Too bad I can't get used to it. There's no way I can be friends with them once Elijah is dead.

•<•>•

What's the craziest thing that has happened at a part you went to?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx