nine | bottle

We walk towards the house and I notice a really long line outside. There are bouncers outside. This is crazy.

Elijah takes my hand and skips the line, going right to the bouncers. "Name?" the tall, bald man requests.

My eyes fall to the snake tattoo wrapped around his gigantic arm. I would never try to fight this man, not even for money.

"Elijah Lancaster and Bree Portman," Elijah says.

"Oh man, sorry, Elijah! Didn't recognize you. Guess it's pretty dark out here. Go on in," the huge man says and steps aside to let us through.

We step into the party side by side. Elijah doesn't seemed shocked at all by the absolute chaos going on. In fact, he doesn't even glance twice at the two boys who are beating the shit out of each other at the top of the staircase.

"Is this normal?" I ask, stepping over an unconscious— hopefully unconscious and not dead— body.

"No, it's usually worse," he states, still holding onto my hand.

We walk further into the house and find a whole lot of people grinding, and doing other things that I don't want to think about, on a make-shift dance floor. The music is a whole lot louder in here.

The lights change colours, from red to blue to green. Constantly a new colour. There are a lot of shirtless guys and girls in as little clothes as possible.

We continue walking and make our way into a lounge. There are a lot less people here. "Bree, you came!" Jamie jumps up from the couch and pulls me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey, baby J," I tease. He lets me go and greets Elijah then frowns.

"Baby who now?" he asks, turning back to me.

I chuckle. "It's your nickname."

"I don't like it," he complains. "I'm too manly for a nickname like that."

"Sorry, baby J. Your very manly self is going to have to get used to it."

"Fine, but only you can call me that. If anyone else does, will you help me beat their ass?" he asks.

"Sure."

He grins and leads me to the couch then pulls me down onto his lap. My eyes widen. "You've become real friendly."

"A deal is a deal. Plus, I think the way you fight is really hot, so I'm keeping you close."

"Don't steal my girl," Elijah says, sitting down with a entire bottle of vodka.

"Oh she's yours, huh? Since when? When you ditched her at the carnival?" Jamie raises an eyebrow.

Elijah hands the vodka to me. I frown at it. "I'm not drinking all of this?"

He laughs. "No sh*t, I don't want you to need your stomach pumped. I just wanted to give you a closed bottle so you don't think I am trying to drug you."

I roll my eyes and lean back into Jamie's chest, holding the bottle closer. Jamie leans his head down against mine.

"I didn't think you would drug me," I state. "We're friends. I know you wouldn't."

"People change," Elijah states and shrugs.

Ha, that's funny because I'm literally trying to kill him.

•<•>•

"Open your mouth!" I shout and burst out laughing.

I'm currently straddling Elijah. We're still sitting on the couch, but now I am much more intoxicated than before.

"No, Bree, I'm going to be driving. You can't pour vodka into my mouth," Elijah says.

I take another sip from the bottle and turn to Jamie who is now sitting on the floor and playing with his dog. "Jamie, we can stay over, right?"

"Obviously," he states. "As long as you two are willing to share a room."

I shrug. I'm fine with that. Elijah is a sexy piece of man, that's for sure. "Now open your mouth," I demand.

Elijah sighs and tilts his head back, then opens his mouth. I pour vodka from the bottle into his mouth and he swallows it without even flinching. I repeat the process a few times until I notice him loosening up a little.

"Oh my gosh! You know we're both drunk and we're going to be sleeping together. I don't mean actually sleep together, although if you want to we can do that as—"

"Close your mouth," Elijah says and chuckles, placing a finger over my lips. "You wanna dance?"

I nod and climb off Elijah. He stands up and walks out the lounge, back to the make-shift dance floor. I follow behind him.

We are making our way through the crowd, when I accidentally trip over someone's foot and fall. I quickly get up, but of course Elijah is nowhere to be seen.

I hate being short.

"Elijah!" I shout but the music is too loud for it to be effective. "Shit."

I stumble through the crowd in the direction that I think Elijah went, but when I come out the other side all I find is a set of stairs.

I climb up the stairs, hoping there's a bed somewhere up there. All I want now is to sleep. I'm starting to feel nauseous already. Why do people do this for fun?

I mean, I sort of get it. You start to feel more at ease and you don't care who thinks you're crazy because you're enjoying yourself. I wish is didn't need alcohol to loosen up. I always overthink what other people think about me and I hate it.

When I reach the top of the stairs, my heart starts racing. Elijah's body is pressed against a wall.

I blink a few times. Is this real? Is that blood? "What...? E-Elijah? What's going on?"

Three guys who are standing near Elijah turn to look at me. "Bree, run. Please. I'm okay just go," Elijah pleads but I shake my head.

How can I leave him like this? I can't just let them do this. "Bree," one of the guys in the group devours my name as he walks towards me.

"No, don't—" Elijah steps forward but another guy slams him back against the wall. "You guys are drunk. You don't really want to hurt her."

The first guy steps up to me, lifts his beer bottle and slams it against my head. "I think I do," I hear him say as everything goes black.

•<•>•

Are you guys liking this book? please don't be a silent reader I love reading the comments and reactions you guys have to the story! Love ya.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx