eleven | hoodie

I walk out the hospital the next morning with Elijah at my side. It was really sweet that he stayed with me the whole night. He is starting to get close to me, so I should probably just kill him soon and get it over with.

I didn't have the heart to do it in the hospital. He was waiting for me to feel better and he didn't want to leave me alone. That's sweet, I won't lie.

He clears his throat. "So, uh, you want me to drop you at home? We will have to Uber because I left my car at J's place and he left to fetch his aunt from the airport," he explains.

I glance up at him and smile. "If you don't mind..."

I think as soon as he drops me off I'll climb into my car and get some food. I'm starving.

As if on cue with my thoughts, my stomach starts to grumble louder than necessary.

Elijah raises his eyebrow at me as we climb into the Uber that arrives outside the hospital.

It drops us off outside my apartment block. "You want me to bring you food?" he asks with a chuckle. "Something tells me you're hungry. It's completely my fault, I mean if I didn't invite you to come to to the party then you wouldn't have been in that situation and if I didn't drink and leave you all alone then you wouldn't have been in that situation and if I brought you food this morning for when you woke up then you wouldn't have been that hungry and—"

I step in front of him and place my hand over his mouth to stop him from talking. I lean close and drop my hand, my face now only millimetres away from his. He freezes and doesn't say a word, and I take notice of how his breathing suddenly becomes more rapid.

"Listen to me, Elijah. It's fine. It's over and I am completely okay. The doctor says as long as I don't do any activities that could trigger the symptoms, I'll be alright. Don't worry about me."

He shocks me by taking my face in his hands. "No, you listen to me. The doctor also said you should rest. So, you go and sleep. I'll Uber to Jamie's house and fetch my car, get food and be back later. Got it?" he demands, looking as serious as ever.

I'm about to protests, when he adds, "I'm your friend, Bree. This is what friends do."

A small smile slips onto my face and I wrap my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. The cologne he is wearing smells so good.

He wraps his arms around me and I melt into it. I didn't think I could feel this safe in somebody's arms.

"Do you mind if I steal your hoodie? I'll give it back when you bring the food," I ask. He still has on the same maroon hoodie from last night.

He pulls it off and it lifts his shirt slightly to expose some of his tanned, muscular body.

F*ck.

I bite my lip and glance away. "Here." He hands it to me and I smile and turn around to go to my apartment. Once I step inside and lock the door, I pull my clothes off and change into black booty shorts and slide Elijah's hoodie on.

I let out a soft moan at how indescribably good it smells. It has a spicy cinnamon scent with a woody undertone. 

Once changed, I get under the covers and fall asleep almost immediately.

•<•>•

This chapter is pretty short but ehh I wanted it to end here.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx