thirty four | balls

"Did you just threaten Jamie?" I ask slowly.

As he turns to look at me, I kick his ankle and shove him back. He falls to the ground.

I straddle him and wrap my hand around his throat, choking him. Not in the kinky way, in the I am really going to kill him way. "Apologize," I demand.

He coughs and grabs onto my wrist to get me off him, but I don't budge. I may have a soft spot for Elijah and Jamie, but that doesn't mean am going to forget who or what I am.

I still won't hesitate to beat the shit out of them if they deserve it, and they better know that.

"S-Sorry," Elijah coughs out with his last bit of air.

I let his throat go and he sucks in a huge breath of air, coughing dramatically. "That would have been so hot if it wasn't so painful," he whispers, still trying to catch his breath.

I roll my eyes and get off him. "I didn't choke you that hard," I state. "I can do it harder, if you want me to prove it."

"No, I'm good!"

I go and grab another brownie, because it doesn't feel like anything is happening to me. Jamie gets another one, too.

Elijah goes and takes two, shoving them into his mouth at once. "I definitely need to be high right now," he mumbles.

I've never been high before, but I'm actually really curious to see what it will be like.

In school, I was never part of the popular kids, and they're the ones that always did this kind of stuff. I was more in the middle rank, with the kids that weren't anything at all; not popular or nerdy. The popular kids tried to be friends with Elijah to make him popular, but he stuck with me, even when I'd steal his lunch.

Bad choice, Elijah.

Jamie leaves the kitchen for a moment and comes back with a speaker. "Wanna go chill outside?" he asks and I nod.

Elijah and I follow him out into his really big back yard. "Damn, your back yard is nice."

"I know," Jamie says and slaps his butt.

I chuckle. "I was not referring to your ass..." I sigh and shake my head, giving up on Jamie.

We lie down on the grass beside the pool, with Jamie on one side and Elijah on the other. Jamie connects his phone to the speaker and plays music, and we all just lie there, staring at the clouds.

"That one is definitely a chicken," Elijah says, pointing at one of the clouds.

"No, I see a penis," Jamie adds.

"Of course you do, Jamie," Elijah mumbles.

I start laughing when I see the penis-shaped cloud. "I see it, too! There's the balls... and the tip!" I start laughing harder.

Jamie chuckles and then we all go quiet. Everything starts to feel slower than normal, like time is telling me that this moment should last forever.

"Have you guys ever been heartbroken?" Jamie asks out of the blue.

I stay silent, and so Elijah answers. "Yeah. In first year, there was girl I was going out with but she became interested in another guy and dropped out to be with him more. That definitely sucked. There is also this girl, and I have been in love with her since before I could spell love, but she doesn't see me like that. Unrequited love is definitely a heartbreaker," he says, glancing at me.

I know he is talking about me, but I don't care.

If I am going to kill him soon, I can't care. Caring about him will ruin everything and it will hurt Elijah as much, or even more, than it'll hurt me.

"Have you ever had your heart broken?" I ask Jamie, before he can ask me.

I've definitely had my heart broken, but not because of a boy. My heart broke because of my family and because of what I did to them.

I hate thinking about it. I never talk about it, even though I know I should. I just hate myself for what happened.

"No, I haven't. I'm scared because I know sooner or later, it will happen. Heartbreak is inevitable," Jamie admits.

"Aw, Baby J, don't worry. I'll break anyone that breaks your heart. I mean it, I'll rip them apart with my bare hands if I have to."

"Thanks, ninja girl. I love you so much," he says and slides his arms around me, pulling me into a hug while we are both on the floor.

"How old are you, Bree, if you don't mind me asking? I know Elijah is twenty two, but he took a gap year because of the whole family drama thing. That's why he is in third year now, I think. I'm twenty one which most people in third year are."

"I'm twenty two. I couldn't study straight after school because I didn't have the money to pay for it at the time," I explain.

"I see the penis," Elijah whispers, making Jamie and I laugh all over again.

"I'm so hungry," I whine, and as if on cue, the doorbell chimes. "Food!"

I get up and run to open the door, only to find Antonio glaring at me.

•<•>•

Ooh cliff hanger ;)

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx