thirty eight | servant

I hear a knock on my door at five o'clock and pull it open to find a large box wrapped in a cream colored paper. There is a hand-written letter taped to the top, as well.

I pick it up and take it into my house, shutting and locking the door behind me.

I pull off the little note and read it.

Hey, ninja girl

I got you the perfect dress! It took me a while, but I know it is going to look stunning on you.

I hope you like it and I can't wait to see it on you!

- your Baby J

Ps. I chose the dress but Elijah paid for it because he wanted to make you smile. I only agreed because I ship you two.

Excited to see what the dress looks like, I pull off the wrapping paper and open the box.

I lift up the folded dress and hold it out in front of me, and tears suddenly fill my eyes. It's a golden nude dress, and it looks like something a princess would wear.

It looks like something I wore, the night my entire life was ruined.

I lower the dress onto my bed slowly and sit down beside it, closing my eyes. A tear slips down my cheek, but I quickly wipe it away.

Don't remember that night, Bree. Don't think about it. The only way you can be happy is if you pretend it never happened. If you pretend you weren't a scared, selfish little girl.

I take a deep breath and open my eyes, refusing to let myself think about what I did that night.

It is not going to be easy wearing this dress tonight, but I'll do it for Jamie

Maybe I'm doing it for Elijah, too, because I like the way he looks at me. It makes me feel way more beautiful than I am.

I climb into the shower again, even though I showered this morning and last night, because maybe if I scrub hard enough, the darkness inside me will leave. Maybe then I can be a better person.

I turn the water on and climb into the shower, letting the heat burn away any memories that are trying to return.

I decide not to wash my hair again, so I just stand in the water and close my eyes, breathing in the steam.

After about an hour, I climb out and wrap myself in a fluffy white towel. Once I'm dry and have covered my body in lotion, I wrap my hair up in the towel and start with my makeup.

I decide to keep it very simple tonight. I rub some bb cream on and cover my lashes in mascara.

Then I tie my hair up in a messy styled bun and curl the loose strands a bit to make it seem purposely messy.

Purposely messy, just like my life. I dug this hole myself, I knew what I was doing, and now I have to bury myself and Elijah in it.

After doing my hair and makeup, I know it's time to put the dress on. Elijah will be here to fetch me any time now, because he is apparently my date tonight.

I sigh and fall on my bed. I will only put the dress on when I absolutely have to.

I stare up at the roof until I hear my phone ring. "Hey, I'm outside," Elijah says on the other end of the line.

"Can you come inside?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure," he says and ends the call. There is a spare key under my mat that he knows about, so he should be able to get in.

I pull the dress on, but leave the zip at the back undone. Elijah knocks on the bedroom door and steps in. "Hey, did you need me?"

"I need you to zip my dress for me."

My back is facing him, but I hear his footsteps as he slowly comes closer to me.  I shiver as he slowly traces his fingertips down the bare skin on my back and then zips up the dress.

"I'm surprised you couldn't get the zip up yourself," he says. "I know how flexible you are."

I turn around and smile. "Oh, really? How do you know that?" I ask.

He pulls me closer and smiles back. "Because I know your body." His hand slides down the side of my waist as his other one rests on my lower back. "Every inch of it."

I chuckle. "No, you don't."

"Well then will you show me?" He winks 

I roll my eyes and step away from him. His eyes trail down my body and then back up, and for a while he doesn't say anything.

"You are..." he says slowly. "Breathtaking."

I bite my lip, feeling nervous for some reason. "Thanks." He keeps his eyes on me, looking at me weirdly. "What?" I ask with a chuckle.

"I think... I think my heart just exploded," he says and lifts his hand to his chest.

"Don't make me want to kiss you, Elijah."

He closes the space between us by moving closer to me. "What?"

"I said—"

"I heard you," he states. "You want to kiss me?"

"Oh, um, thank you for buying this dress for me," I say quickly, changing the subject, and I put some space between us again. "Also, I am so sorry about earlier today. I am such an embarrassment. I am really sorry."

"No problem, my queen."

I chuckle. "You sound like a servant when you say that," I state.

"A servant... or your knight in shining armor?"

I scoff and grin. "Definitely my servant," I tease.

"Well then, my queen, I am your servant. If you want to fall back on that bed and spread your legs for me, I will serve you well."

My eyes widen and heat spreads across my cheeks. "W-We should go."

I slide a pair of nude heels on and grab my bag, then walk out the front door. Elijah follows me out. I lock the door and we make our way to the party.

•<•>•

I wish I could speak Spanish or French properly. They're such sexy languages.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx