thirty five | stripper

He pulls me out the door and shoves me to the ground. "What the hell are you doing?" he hisses.

I stay on the floor, liking how the cold tiles feel against my skin. "What do you mean?"

"You're spending too much time with your target. Don't be stupid. I know you, and if you do this you won't be able to kill him when the time comes. Kill him now and get it over with."

I sigh. "No. He's a human being and I'm done with your bullshit. I hate killing people. You can't tell me what to do."

He pulls my up by my hair and glares at me. "Don't test me. You're being stupid. Two weeks and two days is all you have left. Just end him now and move on. You know what will happen if you don't."

He pushes me back and walks down the driveway, then climbs into his car and leaves. I roll my eyes and give him the bird as he drives away.

I shake my head and drop my hand once he is gone. A little while later, Jamie and Elijah walk out, probably to see what is taking me so long. "Where is the food?" Jamie questions.

"It wasn't the food, it was, uh... Christmas carolers," I lie.

Jamie raises an eyebrow. "It's July..."

"That's why I sent them away." I shrug and walk back inside. After a little while, the food arrives. Jamie ordered from three different stores, so now we have pizzas, Chinese food and sushi.

We all sit in Jamie's dining room table and dig into the food. It's really quiet as we eat, until Jamie says, "I think I want to drop out and become a stripper."

His cheeks are full of sushi as he says it, which makes it funnier than it should be. I snort unattractively and then block my mouth and start laughing harder.

"Jamie, stop making me laugh," I whine.

"I heard they get paid well. Screw all the essays and assignments, I want people to pay me to dance naked on a pole."

I wouldn't judge him for become a stripper, especially not when I became a hitman. "You do you."

"I mean, I wouldn't actually do it. The only girl I'd dance naked for is Alex," Jamie admits.

"Do you remember that game of truth or dare?" Elijah asks, his question directed to me. "In eleventh grade."

"Oh my god." I groan and cover my face with my hands, knowing exactly what Elijah is talking about.

We were at a party one night, playing truth or dare, when I was dared to give Elijah a lap dance. I was barely wearing any clothes in the first place, but my drunk and stupid self took my clothes off and gave him a lap dance in my underwear.

I did it in a bedroom so nobody else saw, but the next day and every day since I have felt so embarrassed about it.

"F*ck that was so hot," he states, his eyes full of lust.

You know what, I shouldn't be embarrassed about it anymore. I should own it. "Don't get hard thinking about me, pretty boy."

"You think I'm pretty?" Elijah grins.

I blow him a kiss.

His smile widens and he catches the kiss and puts it against his heart.

"No need to blow me that kiss. I can come to you and you can give me a real one," he says.

I hear a chair moving and I turn to see Jamie slowly moving down his chair, sliding onto the floor under the table.

I chuckle and continue eating, ignoring Elijah's flirting. After about five minutes, I move to check under the table because Jamie hasn't come back up yet.

He is lying on his side, fast asleep, with his plate of sushi as a pillow.

•<•>•

This one is quite short but eh. I'll update again soon.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx