*Requested* Intricate

For A_Mara I hope you like it ILYSM♥️♥️

×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×
"he's keeping secrets. I can tell." You tell your best friend while picking at your food feverishly.

It's quite evident that she is genuinely trying to listen to your complications but, it's almost like she wishes you'd stop talking completely.

"I'm sorry... I'm just venting." You say when she looks up at you randomly.

She takes a sip from her soda.

"I don't mind Anisa. You know that... It's just...maybe, you should talk to him about it? I'd love to try and help you on this but, there's not really anything I can do...this type of thing is between you and him."

You nod understandingly but, you're still not sure where your heart lies in this type of situation.

You want to confront him about it.

You've tried for 4 days now.

But, it's like everytime he gets home he's so tired and you just feel guilty for wanting to yell at him the minute he walks through the door.

"...Anisa? Are you mad?"

"...No...you're right...I should talk to him."

"Just...don't...be too harsh on him yeah? You know he's busy. I'm sure there's a logical reason as to why those pictures were there."

You cringe when you hear the word "pictures".

You'd forgotten about how earlier you'd told your best friend that your boyfriend Nick still has multiple photos of him and his ex saved in his phone.

And the only photo he has of you is one measly photo from last Halloween.

"God, I forgot I told you about that." You mumble.

"Sorry! Did I make things worse?"

"No..no it's fine... you're fine... I have to go though. I'm gonna go try to fix this."

She smiles but, the smile is filled with pure and utter pity.

"Mkay, love you. Call me?"

"Yeah.. sure. I will."

And with that you were on your way home.

|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|∆|

"Hey bub." You say to Nick once you walk in the kitchen only to see him opening a tub of butter pecan ice cream.

"Hey baby! ...stopped by the store today...Got your favorite." He smiles brightly while holding it up for you to see.

Immediately, the feeling of guilt surges through you.

Once again you feel like backing out but, you know there's no retreats. This was important.

You stare at the sweet treat for a long while before putting the lid back on.