Teacher X Nick M. pt 4.

He's dumbfounded.

He stands quietly with his mouth slightly ajar as he thinks about what you just said to him.

Quits?

You think it's time to call it quits?

What does that even mean?

Were you breaking up with him?

And what the hell is he supposed to do if you are?

His heart cracks in half and he stares at you for what seems like forever, waiting for you to tell him you're joking, but you never do.

And he can't figure out why.

"Y/N? You're not saying what I think you're saying are you?"

"...Nick-"

"Because, if you're saying what I think you're saying then-...then i-"

"Nick. It's over." You interject and that was all he needed to hear.
Those exact words were enough to stop time itself.

He feels like he wants to cry or maybe punch something and it takes everything in him not to do what he does next but, he's so frustrated with you that it just happens.

He lets all his anger out on you and shouts.

And shouts
And shouts.

Out of pure rage and frustration he yells at you asking how you could ever give up on something so perfect.

Even if it's forbidden.

Your love was perfect.

And he didn't understand why you'd ever want to give that up.

He knows he shouldn't be upset because, he's always been one to go after things that he can't have and it never ends well but, he genuinely didn't expect this.

Not with you.

He knew things would be different for once.

But, now he's starting to think maybe he was wrong.

°

It had been a few weeks since Nick's whole meltdown and he hasn't been coming to class but, you've been marking him present and making him little packets with whatever work the class did lately because, he's Nick and you still want him to get an education no matter what happens between you two.

And after all your classes today you find yourself at his doorstep with guilt in your gut and sadness in your heart.

You didn't want him to yell at you.

You didn't want him to be angry.

You were just trying to do what was best for the both of you.

As the adult (the older adult) you felt like it was your part.

Plus, Nick would've never let you go if it had been him who did the damage.

He would've found all types of loopholes and everything else to keep you two together.

He wouldn't have ever allowed the words to escape his lips; but you had.

You finally find enough courage to knock and when he answers the door he frowns deeply.

You're not sure if it's an angry frown or a sad frown but, it's definitely a frown..and it's intimidating.

"Hi." You smile weakly.

"Hey."

Hey?
He said hey.
No 'hi' like usual?
You decide to ignore it.

"...I uh...came because you haven't been in class."