Be Mine X Austin Porter

"Can I change my Valentimes to you?"
Sorry this is late af (also ik that I spelled "Valentine" wrong it'll make sense when you read)
*',*',*'*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*',*
(A/N: just a heads up, you're a child in this imagine.)

The PAST; Valentine's Day (whatever year you were 5😂)

"Who do you wanna give yours to?" Your best friend asks you nochalantly while she rummages through her bag for her cards.

You weren't sure when but, you guys had just began discussing Valentine's Day cards and you were a little nervous as you scanned the big classroom and all it's students.

You were only the mere age of 5 then, and your mind was only set on one boy.

Austin D. Porter.

He was the only boy in your class that you were sure didn't have cooties.

You fiddled with the little paper heart that had a sweet, artificial, cherry flavoured lollipop attached to it before making a face at your friend.

"...mmm...think...I wanna give mine to Austin." You mumbled in your squeaky little five-year-old voice.

"Well I'm giving mine to Jayden." Your friend exclaims proudly as if Jayden wasn't nearly 6 feet away.

You nod quickly and you sit down in your seat as your teacher begins talking.

She claps to get everyone's attention.

"Okay everyone, you know tommorow is Valentine's Day! So we're gonna put our candy into the cubby of the person that we want to be our Valentine. And anyone who doesn't get a Valentine's Card that's okay, because I have special treats for those people." Your teacher drops a playful wink, and once she tells everyone to, they begin putting candy into the open cubbies.

You stand to your feet and walk over to Austin's cubby anxiously.

You gently place the little love letter next to a hat in the small space before taking your seat again.

You feel butterflies erupt in your stomach when he walks to your cubby but, then swiftly, walks straight past it.

He places the candy in the cubby next to yours (your friend Abby's) and you feel tears threatening in your eyes.

Looking back, you feel so pathetic. How could you have cried over that? Seriously?

But, you were just a kid then.

And seeing your first crush put a candy heart and card into someone else's cubby really hurt your tiny little feelings.

You began sobbing uncontrollably and your teacher got the memo instantly.

"Oh sweetie, what's wrong?"

You sniffled and told her the truth.

About how you really liked Austin and he didn't give you a candy heart and card.

But, since you were little it sounded more like "i weelly like Austin and he didn't give me a heart candy with the card with it."

Your teacher pokes her lip out at your saddened expression.

She can tell this really upset you.

"Oh sweetheart, you know that you have Valentine's candy from other people right?"

You take a glimpse at your cubby which is surely filled with candy from the rest of your peers but, you're still upset.

"I wan' my candy to come from Austin."

She huffs and you wipe your face with your sleeve before casually taking a few steps over to your cubby.

You planned on throwing all the candy from there out in the garbage but, then a tap on your shoulder makes you spin around.