Teacher X Nick M. pt 3

When Nick finds Steven he's leaning against a large tree that's across the street from campus with a cigarette resting in between his lips and a stupid grin on his face.

Nick is furious.

He hates that Steven made you cry.

He hates that he's blackmailing you two and that if you can't get him back into university you might possibly be put behind bars.

He approaches him with an increased heart rate and clenched fists that he tucks into his pockets to avoid striking him straight in the jaw.

He's pissed.

He feels hot with anger and he's shaking.

He doesn't even know what he's going to say to Steven when he reaches him but, that choice is made for him when he speaks up first.

"Nicholas! Just the man I wanted to see. Your girl get me back in yet?"

Nick clenches his fists tighter in his pockets.

"You're still not on campus so I guess not."

Steven chuckles and lights his cigarette casually.

"You're funny Mara. If you wouldn't have snitched on me maybe we could have been friends"

"I'm not looking for friends. And do me a favor? Leave Y/N alone. Any problems we have is between us. Leave her out of it."

"Y/N? She let's you call her that?"

"Ms. Y/L/N..." He corrects himself quietly.

"You're revealing your truth more and more. If you two are together just say that."

"Why? So you can get it on tape or something?"

Steven disregards this question with another statement.

"You know. I'm willing to give you another option. I'm feeling a little generous."

Nick is quiet.

Another way to get you out of this situation might be exactly what he needs, he's willing to do anything to help you.

To protect you.

"What are you talking about?"

"You don't want Y/N in jail right?"

"Ms. Y/L/N." Nick corrects him.

Steven hadn't earned the right to call you by your first name like he had.

"Whatever. Do you want her in jail?"

"Of course not."

"Then get her to go out with me."

Nick blinks.

Did he hear him correctly?

"What?"

"Get her to agree to a date with me this Saturday and I'll leave you both alone afterwards."

"You're fucking kidding right?"

"She's not your girlfriend so why does it matter if she dates me?"

"Because she- she doesn't- she isn't gonna want to-" he starts several sentences but never finishes any of them and now he's swallowing a large lump in his throat as he thinks about the circumstances of this situation.

He may have said he would do anything to protect you but, setting you up with a prick like Steven is definitely not one of the things he'd ever consider.

"No."

"No?"

"I won't do it. Absolutely not."