(requested) Father X Nick M.

For dance_kenz6

A/N: y/ff/n = your father's full name.

Y/l/n= your last name

"... checkmate."

"What? how?" Nick raises a brow with confusion laced in his tone as you simply giggle at him.

"What do you mean how? I got checkmate."

"I really don't get this game."

"I know" you smile and place a kiss on his forehead before heading into the kitchen for something to drink.

It doesn't take long for him to come walking in behind you.

He wraps his arms around your waist and you allow yourself to melt into his arms.

"What should we do now?" He whispers into your ear causing you to grin.

"You tell me, what should we do now?"

"I asked first."

"And I asked second."

He lets out a chuckle and pulls away before allowing you crack your soda can open and take a sip.

"What time is it?" You inquire as Nick casually checks his wristwatch.

"11:45."

"It's that late?"

"Looks like it."

"Damn..."

"What?" He pulls your body closer to his once more and waits for you to explain.

"...wanted to do a DQ run...but it's late."

"We could go to a gas station and get 2 pints of ice cream instead."

"Vanilla?"

"Duh."

You smile and he places a chaste kiss on your lips before running upstairs to grab his keys.

Just as he rushes up the steps you hear your phone ringing behind you so,you saunter slowly to your counter and answer it with a giddy "hello?"

"Hello? Is this the daughter of y/ff/n?"

"This is she?"

"Yes, There's been an incident, and he's currently located in Kaiser Foundation Hospital."

"Incident? What's going on is he okay?"

"We can explain everything once you arrive ma'am."

"Okay...okay I'm on my way. Thank you."

"No proble-"

The woman is interrupted by you hanging up the telephone and rushing to find your shoes and a jacket.

Nick comes down the stairs with his keys and a huge smile on his face but, it slowly fades away when he sees your startled one.

"What? What is it?"

He grabs your arms because you're moving too fast and he's worried but, you pull away.

"What's going on?" He asks with a voice of concern.

"I have to leave."

"Right now? What about the ice cream?"

"No, no ice cream right now Nick, this is important."