Chapter | Seven

Alex

I walked slowly down the hallway trying to string out my bathroom break as long as possible. Math class is a different kind of unbearable, so I'm not trying to go back so soon. I was walking running my hand across the locker when I heard deep laughs coming from ahead of me causing my head to snap up.

"What the hell are you doing?" Grayson asked, laughing along with- you guessed it- Ethan, Landon, and Jackson. I just realized I probably looked like an entire idiot, slowly walking down the hallway, staring off into some undiscovered planet, and running my hand across lockers. God, I hate myself.

"Besides looking like an idiot, I'm procrastinating on going back to class." I laughed and walked over to them. We were the only ones in the hallway since it is the middle of fourth period. "Why are you guys not in class?" Then I smelled it, "Oh my god were you guys smoking weed in the bathroom?" I scolded, looking at them all who just busted out laughing. "Oh my gosh, guys." I rolled my eyes and shook my head at them. 

"We're gonna go home and hopefully do more drugs, bye Alex." Landon strung my name out and then tried to turn around. I don't know what the hell they smoked but they are fucked up real good.

"Ugh wait," I groaned, putting my fingers on the bridge of my nose. "You don't need to be driving like this, let me take you guys back home until you feel good enough to come back and get your cars." I offered. The reluctance was more than clear in my voice.

"Fine," Landon Groaned. "Buzzkill." He added. I ran down the hall and grabbed my bag from my locker. By the time I made it to my car, they were standing around it waiting for me, impatiently might I add. 

"You care about us." Ethan teased, coming over to me. 

 "No, but I can see how screwed up you are and I don't want to let your poor friends walk into a death trap with you," I smiled sarcastically. "It also gave me a reason to leave, so." I shrugged. 

I walked over to my car and opened the door. "Damn E, her jeep is nicer than yours." Landon teased him, causing me to smile with pride.

"I know." I replied nonchalantly, as a scoff escaped Ethan's lips. 

Ethan sat up front and the other 3 sat in the back. "Buckle up please." I ordered, looking behind me. They all sighed and buckled their seatbelt. 

"Who's house do you guys want to go to?" I asked while starting the car. 

"Ours is fine." Grayson responded. He doesn't seem as high as the rest of them, neither does Ethan.

I heard Jackson and Landon giggling about something in the back, causing me to look at them in my mirror. You know, people look at them like royalty and horrible people, but they aren't all bad when you get to know them. They really all love each other so much, it's admirable. I turned out of the school parking lot and began the trip to Ethan's house. 

"Turn right." Ethan spoke, pointing in the opposite direction of his house. 

"Your house is that way." I furrowed my brows while pointing left. 

"But I'm hungry." He fake pouted. That was followed by numerous me too's from the back.

"Fine, fine. What do you want?" I asked, looking over to Ethan who had his head resting on the seat staring at me.