chapter|| 44

Alex's pov

I walked into school, relieved. We only have about 2 weeks left here. I know school ending isn't going to make my issues go away, but it's one less thing ill have to worry about. 

I saw Elena standing at her locker. I'm not really sure how things are between her and Ryan, but she's still my friend I should check on her. 

"Hey," I spoke up making her look in my direction. "You're actually talking to me?" She laughed closing her locker. "We all make dumb mistakes Elena. How are you and Ryan?" I asked curiously. I genuinely want to know if they're okay or not. 

"He said he needed space and time to think." She responded quietly. "He'll come around." I reassured her, rubbing her arm. "I'm gonna go to class." She nodded slightly, trying to fake a smile. 

I turned back around and walked back towards my locker. Ethan was standing there, I wanted to talk to him anyway. 

"Hey, Ethan." I smiled making him turn around. "Hey." he said back plainly. I felt the ring on my finger and it reminded me of the note and everything he did for me on my birthday. I stood up a little taller and kissed him.

He felt reluctant to kiss back at first, but he quickly grabbed my face gently and kissed back. I let go and looked into his eyes.

"Thank you for the present Ethan." I smiled and he smiled slightly back. "Yeah, your welcome." he said stepping back. Thought he wasn't mad anymore?

I looked at him with furrowed brows, he was acting odd. "Ethan, what's wrong?" I asked letting out a breath. "Nothing, im fine." He shrugged. He's clearly lying, I don't know why he does this.

"Says every bullshitter ever," I raised my eyebrows at him. I gave him that look that I know he's lying and he rolled his eyes.

"I just feel like we ruined your birthday. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it." He finally spoke honestly. He didn't ruin it, no matter what he thinks. 

I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer to me. "You didn't ruin anything. If anything you took my mind off of all of this, even if it wasn't in the best form." I laughed, and he finally cracked a smile. 

He leaned in and kissed me gently again. "How's Grayson doing?" I asked when he pulled back. "I kiss you and you think about Grayson?" He asked laughing. "No, you talking about my birthday just reminded me of him." I shook my head while laughing too. 

"Well he's healing, his pride isn't, but he is." He responded looking behind me. I turned my head slightly and saw Grayson leaning against the locker with his eyes closed. 

"I should probably go thank him for his present too." I spoke, letting go of Ethan. "He got you a present?" Ethan asked squinting his eyes a little. "Yeah." I nodded. "Hm." Is all that came out of Ethan.

I started walking over to Grayson and he looked up "Thanks for my present Gray." I smiled looking at him. "Yep." He nodded. Of course, he's gonna act emotionless. Of course, im gonna let him, you can't ask too much of Grayson or he freaks. 

I let out a reluctant breath before leaning up and hugging him. He didn't exactly hug back, but it's the thought that counts. "Stop beating yourself up," I whispered as I pulled away from him. He gave me a reluctant nod before I walked to my first class. 

-

Alex's pov 

Ethan kissed down my stomach and I closed my eyes smiling. He stopped abruptly, causing me to look up. 

"Does it still hurt?" He asked, looking at the bruise on the side of my stomach. I sat up, and he did too. I put one leg over him and sat on his lap. 

"It doesn't hurt," I reassured him, placing my lips on his again pulling on his hair a little. "It looks like it does." He spoke against my lips and I pulled back again. 

"It hurt when it happened but I'm good now." I smiled rubbing the back of his neck. His eyes trailed to the bra I was wearing since Ethan tore off my shirt about 7 minutes ago.

"You know your choice of bra makes it really hard not to rip it off." He said in a deep voice tugging at the back. 

"Hmm." I hummed pushing him down on the bed. I leaned down to his level since I was still on his lap. I kissed his neck slowly and I heard him groan in frustration since I was teasing him. I smirked to myself and kept going until I reached his chest. 

I looked at him and his head was back with his eyes closed. I went to continue, but my phone made a dinging sound. He rolled his eyes and I stood up off of him walking over to his nightstand to check my phone. 

Unknown - meet me at 129 elm drive, the third house on the left.

"Who is it?" Ethan asked me as he sat up slowly. "Uh, it's Ryan. Wants me home for dinner." I lied and shut off my phone. I slipped it into my back pocket before turning back around. 

I walked back over to the bed where my shirt was and picked it off the bed. Ethan caught the other end of it and looked up at me. 

"I gotta go E." I laughed. "Unless you want me to walk downstairs in front of all of your friends with no shirt." I teased and he tensed up. He let go quickly and I slipped on the black t-shirt. 

"One of these days we won't get interrupted." He spoke as he stood up, walking over to me. He grabbed my face and kissed me, more gentle than before. Earlier it's like he craved it. 

"Bye." I smiled pulling back. "Bye Alex." He smiled back as I walked out of his room. I walked downstairs and slipped on my shoes. "Are you and Ethan finally done up there?" Grayson teased leaning over the couch.

"Shut up." I laughed opening the door. "Alex," Grayson yelled before I walked out. "What?" I turned back around. "Your shirt is on backward." He winked, and I looked down. My face turned a shade red and Jackson and Landon began to laugh loudly. 

I stuck up my middle finger and walked out of the laugh filled house.  

-

I got in my jeep and texted the person back

me - who is this? 

unknown - the person you've been wanting to meet, come alone. 

me - and if I don't meet you? 

unknown - you have an endless amount of people to threaten, it's better if we don't get off on a bad start. 

I typed the address into my GPS, and began driving. If this is who I think it is, this meeting has been long overdue. 

-

--

---

I've been slacking at a good storyline sorry