chapter | 24

Alex's pov

"Like I said Ryan if you're not going to tell me these 'secrets' then you can walk out of my life like everyone else," I spoke loudly, looking back at him. We've had this argument almost 7 times, nothing is changing.

"You don't understand that I'm protecting you! You think you're ready for the truth but you aren't," He yelled back impatiently. I want to move out so badly at this point.

1 day later

"Even if it doesn't count for much, you're so strong." Jackson continued our conversation as we walked to my locker. 

"For which reason? Being in love with someone who is irredeemable, or living with my siblings who won't tell me why my mother left me?" I asked, scrunching my brows.

"That's the first time I've heard you say that out loud." He responded with widened eyes. "Well, I might as well get used to the dreadful feeling. If I keep ignoring everything in my life, I'm going to explode." We both laughed and I closed my locker.

We walked over to Grayson, Landon, and Ethan. "Good morning!" Jackson said with fake enthusiasm.

"Morning Alex, morning, jack." Grayson smiled. Landon kind of just nodded in our direction like usual.

"I said good morning." Jackson crossed his arms and looked at Ethan who was just looking at the floor.

Ethan glanced up, saw my face, and looked back down. ouch.

"Well, that's my cue." I said quietly, Grayson looking at me with the 'it's okay look' which is never reassuring because I know it's not.

I walked back towards my locker like an idiot, even though I had nothing to go back for. I see Jordyn in the corner of my eye walking towards me, goody. 

"Hey," He said plainly. It wasn't in an ass hole way, more serious. "Uh hi?" I said as if it were a question.

"We need to talk, like real talk." He looked me in my eye as he said it. I looked over my shoulder and saw Ethan's eyes burning holes into me. Now he wants to look at me? 

I looked at Jordyn and nodded, I don't feel threatened at the moment. Whatever it is, it seems important.

"Hey Alex you forgot your-" I turned around and saw Ryan holding my wallet in his hands. Holy shit, this is going to be so bad.

"What the hell are you doing near my sister!" Ryan yelled, people, looking at him like he was crazy. Probably from his last visit to the school, when I seemed like the crazy one.

"No, Ryan it's not what it seems, go before something happens." I put my hands up signaling for him to calm down. I'm not standing in the middle of what's about to be a blood bath. Literally.

"Ryan chill out, aren't we past this?" Jordyn responded in a tired tone, they talk about it like it meant nothing?

"Chill out? Chill out? I told you what would happen if I saw you near her!" He pushed Jordyn from behind me. 

"Ryan stop," I practically begged him. I don't want any violence. I see enough of it as is, and I don't want him getting hurt. I know we haven't gotten along recently, but he's still my brother.

I stepped to the side near the lockers, trying to diffuse the situation. I see the boys about 6 feet away with worried expressions, I know I have the same one.

"Jordyn, look whatever you needed to tell me can wait. Just go before things get too out of hand." I looked at him, he had a vein popping from his neck.

"What were you planning on telling her? "hm?" Ryan asked shoving him again. "Stuff that she needs to know that you're too much of a pussy to!" Jordyn shoved back.

"You're a joke of a brother, and a guardian, you know that?" Jordyn leaned closer to Ryan and drug out his words. Ryan hung onto every single one of them.

I saw Ryans hand tense up, that's when his hand connected to Jordyn's jaw. I covered my mouth and gasped. Jordyn barely even moved, he threw a punch right back.

"Stop!" I yelled trying to pull Ryan off. He pushed me with so much force I hit the locker, feeling my body slide down it. I felt a pounding sensation on the side of my head.

Everything seemed blurry for a second, I saw someone running to me but I couldn't tell who it was. 

My vision cleared up and I saw Ryan's face went pale. He and Jordyn had both stopped fighting and they were both staring at me, waiting for me to yell, kick, fight anything. I didn't have it in me.

"Alex," Ethan raised his voice, he was the one running.

He squatted down beside me and examined me. "Are you okay?" He asked in a shaky voice looking directly to the side of my head that was throbbing. I furrowed my brows at what he was looking at so hard.

I then felt a warm liquid coming from my head. I put my hand against the throbbing sensation, and when I lifted my hand from it, it was covered in red.

"Alex, you might need stitches," Grayson spoke quickly, grabbing one arm and Ethan grabbed the other. I stood up slowly, feeling pressure on my head and dizziness. 

"Alex I'm so sorry." Ryan said walking slowly up to me. "Dude don't!" Jordyn spoke, hitting his chest.

"I just-" Ryan started trying to walk for me again. "Stay the hell away from her until you get your shit together. Next time you hurt her, it's me and you." Ethan spoke with clenched teeth glaring at him.

"I'll drive you to the hospital real quick," Ethan responded, grabbing my things that fell on the floor while Grayson held me up. "Ethan its seriously fine, I just need a paper towel and I can go to class," I responded. If Grayson lets go of me, I'm for sure falling. 

"No, you're going." Ethan argued, grabbing my other arm and guiding me towards the schools' exit, while my head throbbed.

-

We walked back to the jeep and I got into the car slowly. "Are you okay Alex?" Ethan asked, putting his hand on my leg. As much as I wanted to swat it away and look out the window, I couldn't.

"It takes me to get slung against lockers, and stitches for you to talk to me?" I asked shaking my head. Thank god Grayson hasn't made it to the car yet or he'd be laughing at the argument we're about to have.

"Of course, not Alex. I just didn't know how to even look at you after what I said, I didn't mean any of it." He had a sincere look in his eyes, he meant it.

"I know." I whispered after a moment.

-

--

---

this chapter was dramatic lmaoo