chapter || 37

Alex

I opened my eyes and saw darkness around me. I reached beside me and turned on the lamp, I'm in my room somehow. I got out of my bed and grabbed my phone, its 11 pm. 

I walked downstairs and saw Ryan sitting on the couch. "How are you feeling?" He asked sitting up. "I'm fine, how did I get here?" I asked rubbing my eyes groggily.

"Grayson and Ethan brought you home," He smirked a little at the mention of their names. So he met my boyfriend, and I wasn't even awake for it.

"Oh," I responded slowly. "So what did you think of Ethan?" I asked nonchalantly, sitting beside him. I was playing with my fingers nervously. I don't really have anyone, so Ryan liking him is important to me. 

"Well he came off cocky, he was kind of unsure of himself, and he has a pretty punchable face." He shrugged looking in my direction. I looked up at him with a serious face, and he softened. 

"He was fine, Alex. I think he's good for you. If someone cares enough to leave school, drive you all the way home, and have the restraint not to hit his brother in front of me, he's good enough for you in my opinion." He laughed, causing me to furrow my brows at the last part. 

"Wait, hit his brother? Why would he want to hit Grayson?" I asked puzzled. "Maybe because he pieced together that Grayson knew where your house was, and where your bedroom was. It might piss a guy off." He explained, making me sigh loudly. 

"Ugh." I groaned letting my head fall back into the couch. "It's not like that." I shook my head glancing at Ryan who seems amused. "Does he know that though?" Ryan laughed, "He should." I responded standing up.

"Are you already going back to bed?" He asked when I was walking towards the stairs. "Yep." I nodded. "Good tomorrow's a big day." He smiled enthusiastically. 

"Ryan don't start," I warned turning around. "It's a big day and you can't ask me to ignore it." He held the smile on his face. "You're right, I won't ask, I'm telling you." I spoke again, more stern.

"You can tell me all you want it's not going to do anything." He argued. "Ryan, I'm serious. Promise you won't tell anyone about it or do anything." I pleaded walking closer to him. 

"Fine, fine." He sighed. "Thank you," I responded, relieved. I began walking towards the stairs, I know I just woke up but I'm going back to bed. 

"Rise and shine Alexandraaa." Ryan's voice boomed beside my bed. I rolled over and put the blanket over my face, I don't even know why he's in my room. 

"Get up, I need you to drop something off for me before you go to school." He spoke again taking the blanket off of me. "What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

 "4:45." He responded in a peppy voice. "Holy shit it's early. What do you need me to do?" I complained stepping out of bed. 

"I need you to drop a letter off at the post office for me, and the post office is 20 minutes away, not counting your drive to school." 

"Why can't you do it?" I pleaded to grabbing clothes out of my closet. "Stop questioning and just do it. Thank you I love you, bye." He yelled walking out of my room.