chapter || 35

Grayson

Ethan and I were on the couch watching a football game when I felt my phone buzz. 

Alexandra - come to my house asap - - without Ethan. 

me - why? 

Alexandra - ill explain when you get here, just hurry up. 

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the couch. My phone buzzed for the 100th time and I looked at it, she sent me her address. Ethan hasn't even been to her house. 

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my keys. "Where are you going?" Ethan asked standing up. 

"Out," I responded, opening the door. "Can I come? I'm bored and Alex isn't answering my texts." He asked, putting his hands in his pockets. He looked pathetic. 

"No, stay here and ponder over your girlfriend." I sent him a fake smile and he rolled his eyes and fell back into the couch. 

I went into the garage and pulled the cover off of my car. Usually, we all ride with Ethan, so I never drive mine. I admired the shiny black Porsche in front of me and realized I was wasting time and needed to leave. 

I pulled in to what I was hoping was Alex's driveway, I'm not good with directions. I texted Alex to let her know I was here and walked up to her doorstep.

Alex

Grayson texted me to let me know he was here, so I jogged downstairs. Just as I reached the bottom I saw Ryan walking towards the door.

 "I got it," I said quickly, stepping in front of him. The last thing I want is for him to assume he's my boyfriend. 

"Okay then." He threw his hands up in defense and walked in the other direction. I opened the door and Grayson was standing there about to knock again. 

"What's so urgent and secretive that made you call the better twin?" He smirked leaning against the door frame. "Can you shut up and get in here please." I rolled my eyes at his cockiness and opened the door wider. 

We walked upstairs to my room and I shut the door behind me. Grayson was walking around my room looking at every little detail. "Have you never been in a girl's room before or what?" I asked slightly impatient. He's a child. 

"No, just the fact that Ethan hasn't been in here makes me feel superior." He responded, jumping on my bed. "This is serious Grayson," I scolded, crossing my arms. 

His face went a little softer and he sat up slightly. "What is it?" He asked in a quieter tone. I opened my dresser drawer that was beside him and pulled out the rose, the arrow, and the picture.

I laid the items on the bed beside him and sat down also. "What is this stuff?" He asked confused.  

"First at school, the dead rose was in my locker, then I went into the parking lot and the arrow was in my tire. I just brushed it off because I may have dropped one, but then this picture was on my bed.. and I'm not sure what to think." I shook my head. 

"What does this mean?" He asked picking up the picture. "It means that somehow, someone was watching me shoot my bow in my yard, then took one when I was finished, and then managed to get into my room and put the picture on the bed. Not to mention the fact that they somehow knew where my locker was, and the combination." I explained.