Chapter | Fourteen

Alex

"I'm kind of mad I didn't get to see her." Ryan snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I was gonna stop her by but Dani got home early." I explained, meeting his gaze.

"It's fine, I'm glad you had fun today. It was nice seeing you smile," He spoke, grabbing some water. "The smile didn't last long though." He added, tilting his head and trying to figure me out.

"I'm tired, I'm gonna head to bed Ryan," I fake smiled while standing up from the kitchen table. He looked at me with a sad look, it hurt my heart but I can't tell him what was going on. I went upstairs and sat on my bed when my phone went off. It's a text from Grayson, and it's a long one.

asshole #2 - you know, I get you and Ethan have unresolved issues, but you don't have to take it out on the rest of us. I haven't seen Jackson care for someone in a hot minute, and you hurt his feelings today. also with Ethan, the same thing. I don't even think Ethan knows what he's feeling, but if you would just hear him out, maybe you could find out.

me - I don't know what you expect me to do. im not 'taking it out' on you guys, im trying to protect you. I care about you guys, I don't want to see any of you get hurt. especially not for me, or by me.

asshole # 2 - that's not your call to make. if I care about someone, im going to protect them. same goes for the boys. it's our decision to make about who we risk things for. you should feel special, we've never done this for anyone else.

me - you're right then. the same goes for me, I'm choosing to protect you guys. by keeping my distance. sorry gray.

asshole #2 - can you be honest about something

me - maybe

asshole #2 - do you feel something for Ethan? 

me - I care about him, yes.

asshole #2 - no, like do you like him, like him.

me - why does it matter? I know his game and what he wants. im not doing it Grayson.

asshole #2 - thanks for your honesty A. goodnight. <3 .

I need to change his name. 

Gray :)

contact created!

me - I'm sorry

e - for what

me - I'm not sure, I just felt like I needed to say it.

e - why are you so difficult

me - what do you mean?

e - I care about you, and you keep pushing me away. it's pissing me off.

me - I'm sorry Ethan... I care about you too. but that's a problem.