chapter 29

Alex's pov

I rolled over and shut off my alarm that was blaring. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at my surroundings, I'm not at home.

The conversation I had with Jordyn came back to mind, all of the things he told me. All of my hate for him vanished last night.

I got an outfit out of my bag and went into the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and ran the shower water, and got in.

The warm water felt so good against my back. I jumped when I heard a knock at the bathroom door. "Hey, Alex, can I come in and brush my teeth real quick?" I heard Jordyn's voice echo through the bathroom.

"Uh sure," I yelled back as I was finishing up my shower. It isn't a see-through curtain so he can't see anything. I heard the sink turn on, and my water immediately turned to ice. I yelled, wrapped my towel around my body, and jumped out of the shower. 

Jordyn stood there with his toothbrush in his hand, letting out loud laughs looking at me. "Forgot to tell you it did that." He smiled, his dimples making a statement on his cheeks.

"Asshole." I laughed with him. He finished brushing his teeth and left the bathroom. I slipped on my leggings and a hoodie and walked out of the bathroom myself. I'm not bothering with makeup today.

I walked out of his room and saw Jordyn sitting in the living room on his phone. "You aren't heading to school yet?" I asked slipping a pair of shoes on.

"I have a free first period." He looked up smiling. "Then why did you get up so early?" I asked looking through my purse for my keys.

"To make sure you got up okay. When we were little you always gave your mom hell about getting up." He laughed and I gave him a weak smile at the mention of her.

I pulled out everything in my purse looking for my keys. "To your left Alex." Jordyn pointed. They were sitting on his table beside the door. "Ah, thanks." I smiled, "Alex school starts in 10." Jordyn reminded me by showing me the time. 

"Shit I'm gonna be late." I grabbed my keys and ran out to my jeep. I looked at his house from in front of me. It used to be so lively when his family was here.

I walked into school and went straight to my locker, somehow I made it on time, with a few minutes left to spare. 

I walked straight to my locker and pulled out the books I needed. someone tapped my shoulder lightly, I turned around and saw Elena standing there nervously. 

"Look, Alex, I get it if you never want to speak to me again because of what I did but if you would give me a few seconds to expl-" I stopped her from her rambling and hugged her. "I'm not mad at you Elena." I reassured her as I let go.

 "Really?" She asked for clarification as she looked at me. I nodded and gave her a smile. "Thank you, Alex, seriously." She thanked me and walked off to her first class.

I closed my locker door and started walking through the people. I bumped into someone and looked up to see Jackson. "Hey Alex, it's been a minute." He smiled hugging me. "Hey, jack." I smiled back. 

I looked behind him and saw the whole group standing there. Ethan stood up from leaning off the lockers when he saw me. He had an angry look on his face, which made me slightly intimidated and confused. 

"Are you ignoring me or something?" he asked crossing his arms. "No?" I said back, more like a question. I looked to see Landon, Jackson, and Grayson all standing there acting like they weren't paying attention. This isn't the first fight they've seen and it probably won't be the last.

"You haven't answered any of my texts," He said, not moving from his stance. I patted my pockets for my phone and realized it wasn't there. "I haven't had my phone on me, I'm sorry." I said honestly. I don't even know where it's at.

He nodded his head once saying "Mhm", like he didn't believe me or something. "Alex" I heard Jordyn say from behind me. Really dude, what happened to a free first period.

"You left your phone at my house," He pulled my phone from his pocket, handing it to me. I saw all of the guys with a confused and pissed off expression.

"Thank you, Jordyn." I responded quietly. He went to walk away, and I heard Ethan's voice. "Why the fuck were you at his house?" Ethan asked in a deep tone, standing tall. I cursed under my breath for leaving my phone. 

"She needed a place to stay so I let her crash at my place." Jordyn shrugged like it was not a big deal, turning back around from the direction of the exit. It's not a big deal, unless you're Ethan.

"Ethan if you would just let me explain it to you then you wouldn't be mad," I responded quietly, trying to make him less mad.

"Alex, he has tormented you for how long? And you're trying just justify a slumber party with him? No. Mm, no way." Ethan responded, shaking his head with a dry laugh.

"Dude you don't even know half the story and your getting pissed off over something you don't understand," Jordyn snapped, stepping out from behind me to talk to Ethan.

As Jordyn took a single step forward I saw all the guys immediately tense up, ready in case something happens.

"You're right, I don't understand. She was too busy spending the night with another guy to explain to me what was going on." Ethan responded jealously, raising his voice at Jordyn. 

"Enough!" I yelled at both of them, stepping between them. "Jordyn, I'll see you after school. Ethan, when you pull your head out of your ass and get rid of that built-up toxic masculinity, then we can talk. Until then leave me the hell alone." I spoke angrily, pushing past him.

Ethan

She pushed past me, but my pride was in the way of going after her. I saw Jordyn walking away and I just wanted to hit him. 

"I don't like him any more than you do but let her explain." Jackson looked at me with a reasoning face. "Shut the hell up." I snapped, I don't need anyone telling me how to deal with her.

"Now your just being a jealous little bitch Ethan. Get your shit together, put your pride behind you, and talk to her, damn." Grayson raised his voice at me, then walked away.

I looked at Landon, waiting for him to add something too, but he put his arms up in defense and walked away.

I'm not used to this 'relationship' stuff. I just keep screwing up.

-

--

---

broooo spring break has been so boring help

I didn't edit this btw so