chapter | 20

Alex

Song for chapter - Close to me: Ellie Goulding 

I'm on my 5th shot, this time it's going down like silk. "It's my song!" Elena yelled dragging me toward all of the dancing bodies.

We danced until we were significantly out of breath. We got off the dance floor and went back to the kitchen. We downed two more shots, and I don't think I've ever felt better in my life. 

Every problem I've had lately doesn't seem to matter anymore. it's just me, my buzz, and the music. 

"I'm so drunk!" Elena yelled excitedly, causing me to laugh. "Me too!" I yelled back, catching my balance on the chair. We busted out laughing at my clumsiness. 

"Do you wanna dance?" Some cute blonde guy walked over to Elena, and she looked at me with that 'he's sexy' look and walked to the dance floor with him. 

I poured myself another shot and put the rim on the glass to my lip. Before I could taste what I'm craving the glass is ripped from my hand. 

I turned my head to the side with a disappointed look and looked into the brown eyes I haven't seen in a while. 

"I think you've had enough," Ethan said putting the glass down on the table. "Buzz kill." I retorted, trying to stand up from the chair, but failing. He caught me, making our faces inches apart. What I would do to have his lips on mine, and I could if only he didn't screw up. 

Even wasted Alex remembers that. 

I pulled away and smiled. "God I wish you didn't screw up. We could be having all sorts of fun right now." I laughed, thinking of all the things I would d- nevermind. 

"Alex, can we talk?" Ethan asked, stopping me again. "Why? Because I'm drunk and can't run?" I asked sarcastically. "But sure, I have nothing better to do." I added, plopping in a chair near him.

"I never meant to hurt you Alex. Despite what you think, that was never my intention with you," He spoke over the music as he looked into my eyes. 

"But falling for you wasn't my intention either," He scratched the back of his neck nervously. A spark went through my chest, but I instantly pushed it back. 

I leaned myself close to him, our lips brushed against each other, close to just colliding. "And I thought I was the drunk one." I whispered against his lips before I got up and walked away from him.

Ethan

It's been an hour since I said the words I was most afraid of to the person I care about most. I'm still sitting in the same place as I was when she shut me down. I guess that's what I get for spilling my feelings to a drunk Alex. 

Intoxicated Alex is even more feisty than sober Alex. 

I got up from the spot I've been stuck in and walked over to Grayson who was standing in the corner on his phone. 

"You good bro?" Grayson asked as he took a sip from his red cup. "Well I basically told Alex I was in love with her and she practically mocked me, so I don't know. Am I ?" I snapped back, shaking my head at the thought of it. 

"I'm sorry dude, she's drunk. Let her sober up." He responded, motioning his head to Alex who looks like she's about to pass out. "You might want to-," he started as we looked at her, but I got the memo. 

"Yeah, yeah. I got it." I took a deep breath. What I'm about to try and do takes skill. Taming Alex isn't easy. 

I stood up and walked over to her. She was leaned against the table falling asleep. "Do you want me to take you home?" I asked holding her up with one of my arms. 

"Why would I want to go home? Home doesn't want me." She slurred. "What about my house?" I asked, even if she is drunk I know she can hear the desperation in my voice. 

She nodded her head slowly, and I walked her towards the door. "Here are my keys." Grayson offered as he walked over to us. She leaned off of me and stood up semi-straight. 

"I'm not mad at you anymore Grayson," She stumbled over her words a little before hugging him. She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. He was just as shocked as I was. He motioned his head towards the door signaling for us to go. 

I walked her into the car and buckled her in, putting the seat back a little so she can lay back. Never in my life did I think I would do this for a girl. 

I started driving back to my house while Alex was looking out of her window. "I'm not even that drunk." She argued while she drew on the window. 

"Oh yeah? Name a one direction member." I laughed. I know any girl could name all off of the top of their head. 

"Easy, Harry." She spoke quickly, drawing a heart on the window. It's probably for him and not me, but hey. A guy can dream. 

"I wish you wouldn't have screwed up." She repeated the same line from earlier. "Me too." I whispered, tightening my grip on the steering wheel. 

"I don't think you get it. it may be just drunk me talking, and I probably won't remember this tomorrow, so that's the only reason why I'm saying this," She started closing her eyes as she tried to speak. 

"I was convinced I was in love with you," She turned her head to the side tiredly and looked at me with her eyes fighting to stay open. "I still do." She looked at me once more before they closed completely.

Me too, Alex. 

-

--

---

I was listening to lit music while writing the sweet last part sooo.. any who vote/comment if you want. lol bye